Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Intel 82537L/devnp-i82544 driver questions: Page 1 of 6 (6 Items)

Intel 82537L/devnp-i82544 driver questions  
Hi,

I am posting these questions on behalf of Intune who are about to do some fairly in depth work with the Intel 82573L.

There seems to be an external 4MB SPI flash to be used with the 82537L device. The flash will be used to store BIOS and 
LAN info, etc. for the device and Intel seems to have an image to be programmed to the flash. 

My question is: will the QNX driver support programming the SPI flash?  According to your experience, how the SPI flash 
would normally be programmed to have the Intel image for the 82537L device?

In an 82537 doc, it mentioned that Intel has a DOS utility “EEUPDATE” to program the SPI flash. Does it mean we have 
to plug our card to the PCIe slot on a PC and then to run the DOS utility to program the SPI flash?

Other questions:
Will your QNX driver for 82537L work with any standard PCIe driver or it has to work with QNX PCIe driver from a QNX BSP
?

Do we have to have the SPI flash programmed properly before we can have the 82537L PCIe working properly, or we have to 
have PCIe working properly before we can programming the SPI flash, or something else, which depends on which?

Thanks very much for your help,

Garry