Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically: (8 Items)

ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
Hi,
I am using dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so from ver. 6.3.0 SP3. The driver runs fine at 100Mbps but if I try to connect it with 
10Mbps device/hub, nothing works and also it is observed that, once in a while the autonegotiation ends up with 10Mbps 
Half duplex though link is 100Mbps capable. Also if I try to execute following command the nicinfo displays 10Mbps Full 
duplex but the link is connected with 100Mbps Full duplex. 

mount -T io-net -o channel=3,mac=$ethmac,speed=10,duplex=1,verbose=10 /fg/ftp/devn-ppc8260-pq2fads.so

Does this driver works at 10Mbps? 

In any case if the autonegotiation fails and the driver sets up the link to 10Mbps Half Duplex, the kit should be able 
to respond to ping, telnet, etc. But this is not happening. I am using BCM5241.
Re: ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
Can some one guide me?
RE: ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
I really wish we had never created the speed
and duplex options for the ethernet drivers.

Auto-negotiation should work.  If it doesn't,
the driver (or some piece of hardware) is broken.

--
aboyd
Re: RE: ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
Speed and duplex option is being updated in nicinfo. I can c the speed and duplex option specified with the following 
command in nicinfo

mount -T io-net -o channel=3,mac=$ethmac,speed=10,duplex=1,verbose=10 /fg/ftp/devn-ppc8260-pq2fads.so
Please refer following link
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3.2/neutrino/utilities/d/devn-ppc8260.so.html

Strange is even though I specified speed as 10 and duplex as 1 the link connects at 100Mbps full duplex and works fine. 
If there was some problem with hardware or something else the link shouldn't be able ping, telnet,etc.

I am using autonegotiation but problem with it is, sometimes when I connect cable it goes to 10Mbps half duplex and 
nothing works and the frequency may be somewhere around once in 30-40.
My objective is eventhoug if it goes in 10Mbps half duplex the link should work fine, doesn't matter is it is slow.
I am still stuck with this.
RE: RE: ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
You should probably get a ticket # from tech support for this.

--
aboyd
Re: RE: RE: ppc8260 network driver (dev-ppc8260-pq2fads.so) behaves erratically  
I have already done that.