Project Home
Project Home
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Building io-pkt for ppc in Momentics using XP: Page 1 of 27 (27 Items)

Building io-pkt for ppc in Momentics using XP  
Greetings,

I have ran into an interesting issue and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have two ppc targets: ppc8260 
and ppc8548. I was able to take the prebuilt binaries in Milestone0 and run them on the ppc8260 without problems, but 
these same binaries cause a SIGSEGV error on the ppc8548. I have tried fetching the source, but building has been quite 
troublesome. I would like to use Momentics to build and debug io-pkt. I create a standard make project, set the build 
environment for ppc, using gcc 3.3.5. When I build I end up with numerous errors of variables not being defined. I 
noticed that several include files were missing, and that they were in the Milestone0, so I copied the ones I needed 
into my qnx632/usr/include. I am still left with several variables not being defined. I have a self hosted x86 QNX 
workstation, which I was able to do a "make CPULIST=ppc install" and it completed without errors, and I copy them to the
 ppc targets, and they BOTH segfault! That surprised me, because the prebuilts worked on the 8260. Below is the result 
of the SIGSEGV error and the all the information in the log. I am using an io-net driver, so I have devnp-shim in my /
bin directory. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get this built in momentics I'd greatly appreciate it. Many 
thanks.

----INFORMATION----
Process 12295 (io-pkt-v4) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=fe37aae0 mapaddr=00002ae0. ref=00000000
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol family

# sloginfo
Time             Sev Major Minor Args
Jan 01 00:00:00    5    14     0 tcpip starting
Jan 01 00:00:00    3    14     0 Unable to attach to pci server: No such file or                              directory
Jan 01 00:00:00    3    14     0 Using pseudo random generator.  See "random" op                             tion
Jan 01 00:00:01    3    25     0 Couldn't initialize listen service: tcp (Addres                             s family 
not supported by protocol family)