Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - A strange behavior about the album art image file name retrieved by Aviage MMS 1.2 : (4 Items)

A strange behavior about the album art image file name retrieved by Aviage MMS 1.2  
Hi,

Have observed a strange behavior about the incorrect album art image file name which retrieved by the API function 
mme_metadata_image_load() of Aviage MMS 1.2. 

The scenario is as follows. If the reported URL which retrieved from MME_EVENT_METADATA_IMAGE event is /tmp/BAA604507.
png, but actually we find that the generated image file under /tmp is named as AAA604507.png but not BAA604507.png. If 
the reported file name in URL is DAA563547.png, the actually file in system is named as CAA563547.png. That's to say, 
the file name in URL doesn't match the actually file name, and looks like it always has a difference with the initial 
letter. 

Does anybody know the reason why, thanks. 

BTW, I am using Aviage MMS 1.2 with QNX Neutrino 6.4.1 which running on an ARM i.MX31 platform.

Regards,
Chris
Re: A strange behavior about the album art image file name retrieved by Aviage MMS 1.2  
Chris,

Are you saying that the reported filename doesn't exist and you're not actually getting image art?

What I will guess is happening is this:

1/ You've specified some kind of a transform for image extraction.
2/ The image extraction is performed. This causes the original image to be placed in tmp and the transformed image to 
also be placed in tmp.
3/ The metadata session is closed. This causes the transformed image to be cleaned up.
There are are couple of PRs related to cleaning up other images involved with this process, so perhaps the original 
image is left behind, and this is what you are seeing.

To verify: Before closing the metadata extraction session, see if there is more than one file, and the file specified in
 the URL is there. Also, see if the file that remains is the original file as opposed to the transformed file.

Tim
Re: A strange behavior about the album art image file name retrieved by Aviage MMS 1.2  
Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, I found the reason is exactly like what you said. It is because I configured to change 
the extracted image format, so there were two images generated during the retrieving process and the transformed one was
 deleted after metadata session was cleaned up, what I observed is the original one before being transformed. 

BTW, do you know whether the issue of cleaning up other images involved within album art retrieving process has been 
fixed, if yes, which version of Aviage MMS includes this fix? Thanks.

Regards,
Chris
Chris,

I don't believe the fix for this has been in any officially released product. However, it's on the multimedia project 
that's posted on Foundry27.

Tim