Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Build 20.18 Available for download: (7 Items)

Build 20.18 Available for download  
Hello Multimedia project members!

We are pleased to announce that Build 20.18 (experimental status) is available for download on the download page 
of the Multimedia project on Foundry27. A few features have been added since Alpha Build 20.17, so please take a 
look at the attached release notes for details. 

Access to some of the packages requires special licenses. Please contact your QNX Sales representative if you wish to 
gain access to any of these packages that may not be visible to you on the download site.

Please note that this experimental build requires QNX Neutrino 6.4.1 for the target OS.

Best Regards,

The Multimedia Team.
Attachment: HTML mme_build20.18.0_rel.html 46.97 KB
Re: Build 20.18 Available for download  
I'm not sure if it's simply a licensing issue or if I'm just missing something but I have no clue where I can download 
this alpha release?  When I look under 'File Releases'  I get a very short list of packages (much smaller than what I'm 
able to download for released products in the QNX download pages) none of which contain the nice 'main archive' referred
 to in the release notes (mme_build20.18.0_aug21_09.zip).  Is this file available somewhere or should I just be 
downloading the individual package tar files?  Is the preliminary documentation, referenced in the release notes, 
available somewhere (I can't see it under the Documents tab)?

On a similar note, there is a generic Foundry27 'Download' page which I would suspect to link to this update, but it 
hasn't been updated since July 6th.  Continuing on the subject of infrequent updates, the product roadmap currently ends
 on May 21st with the release of 1.2.  Where can we find which features we might see in upcoming releases?  
Post Deleted
Hello Steven.

The release notes document for 20.18 is in error. The "main" archive noted there (mme_build20.18.0_aug21_09.zip) does 
not exist. Each archive of binaries noted in the release notes is posted as a separate download. We are fixing the error
 in the notes and will replace it shortly. Thanks for the heads up.

The complete set of documentation is actually posted as an archive on the file release page. Please let us know if you 
cannot see it there. 

The number of downloads that you see may indeed be fewer than the complete set listed in the notes. A number of these 
archives have specific licensing prerequisites associated with them. If there is a particular package that you would 
like to obtain but do not see, please contact a sales representative at QNX to get the details.

We are currently in the process of defining the details of our next release, so our roadmap will be updated in the near 
future.

Cheers.

Thomas Franzky. 

Thanks Thomas,

The individual archives make sense, although I am unable to find the documentation archive.  

Is there a separate registration that needs to occur to download "specially licensed" archives from Foundry27 as opposed
 to the normal QNX download site?  I ask because there are several features that we have licensed, registered and can 
download the released 1.2 archive but that do not appear in the list of "File Releases"? 

Steven Lougheed
Hi Steven.

I checked the download permissions for the documentation archive and they were not set correctly. I have updated it, so 
you should be able to see it now. Sorry about that.

For the other archives, the F27 multimedia project has a separate administration process from the QNX Download site for 
released product, so your download permissions for MM 1.2 specially licensed packages may not have been propogated to 
F27. The best thing to do is to contact your sales representative, and they will correct it for you.

Cheers.

Thomas.
Thanks, that fixed the documentation issue and I've contacted sales about our licenses.
Steven Lougheed