Jump to ID:
Multimedia

Project Home

Documents

Discussions

Wiki

Project Info
Forum Topic - Question about the return value if the connected iPod doesn't suport the certain Aviage API function calls: Page 1 of 6 (6 Items)

Question about the return value if the connected iPod doesn't suport the certain Aviage API function calls  
Hi,

Just wonder what kind of error message will the Aviage API function return if the connected iPod doesn't support the 
certain function due to the lingo version is not up to date.

For example, for an iAP command GetArtworkFomats, it requires the connected iPod supports  extended interface(i.e., 
Lingo 0x4) version 1.10 and above. However, if the iPod firmware is not up to date, and only support extended interface 
version 1.09 for instance, what will happen if clients call related Avaige API functions to get the album arts? 

And does the iPod driver will try using other iAP commands to attain the same functionality if the certain command is 
not supported by the connected iPod due to the lingo compatibility problem?

BTW, seems I couldn't found any info about this in any Aviage Multmedia Suite document. I thought It could be idea if 
there is a table supplied by QNX which indicates the required lingo version associated with the related Aviage API 
functions like the example below, thanks.

1)For mme_metadata_getinfo_current(), the related iAP command is GetArtworkFormats which requires extended interface 
version 1.10 and above.

2)For mme_metadata_image_load(), the related iAP command is GetTrackArtworkData which requires extended interface 
version 1.10 and above.

Regards,
Chris