Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - building graphs: (3 Items)

building graphs  
Hi,

I was trying to make a wav player by building my own graghs using the multimedia library.

the fucntion, MmAcquireOutputChannel ()

is supposed to give an ouput channel of some type from the filter returned from MmFindMediaReader(). But I can see an 
output channel only if i use MEDIA_TYPE_UNKNOWN.

if I proceed with this media type to build a graph with just 

wav_parser and audio_writer, as I assume there is no decoder required for playing wav files It ultimately fails to 
create the graph.

I am able to play to file with mmecli with the intruction in the quick start guide.

does mme handles the playback in the same way ????

Re: building graphs  
Normally we don't recommend using MMF directly.  What platform is this on and what are you trying to accomplish?

In the old framework MME us the standard user API.  In the new framework we recommend using mm-renderer, flash, or html 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 07:26 PM
To: general-multimedia <post90250@community.qnx.com>
Subject: building graphs

Hi,

I was trying to make a wav player by building my own graghs using the multimedia library.

the fucntion, MmAcquireOutputChannel ()

is supposed to give an ouput channel of some type from the filter returned from MmFindMediaReader(). But I can see an 
output channel only if i use MEDIA_TYPE_UNKNOWN.

if I proceed with this media type to build a graph with just 

wav_parser and audio_writer, as I assume there is no decoder required for playing wav files It ultimately fails to 
create the graph.

I am able to play to file with mmecli with the intruction in the quick start guide.

does mme handles the playback in the same way ????

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post90250
Re: building graphs  
Hi Adrian,

I am working on a armlev7 platform. I am trying to make an mp4 player with H.264 video and AAC audio with AV sync. 

I managed to bring up io-fs-media,qdb,mcd,io-media-generic on the platform. and I was even able to use mmecli to create 
track sessions and play some wave files.

Now I can see an mp4_parser.so in mmedia.

1) does this parser parses mp4 container and gives video and audio streams as two seperate output channels ??

basically I have a decoder for h.264 and AAC audio. 

how do I use all these components to get my player working ??

When I was building some sample applications, I saw that  "MmSetDefaultClock(graph"
is not getting linked with libmmedia.so.1. Is there something missing here ??

I am suing Aviage core 1.2

I will really appreciate your help on getting my mp4 player running in QNX.

Thanks and Regards,
Arun