Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Using Simple Remote Lingo by means of QNX Aviage Multimedia Interface for iPod 1.2.1: (2 Items)

Using Simple Remote Lingo by means of QNX Aviage Multimedia Interface for iPod 1.2.1  
Hello,

I'm using the QNX Aviage Multimedia Interface for iPod 1.2.1 to control an iPod. To my knowledge (besides the Extended 
Interface Lingo) you can use the simple remote lingo to control an apple device using ContextButtonStatus-Commands (Play
, Stop, Next Track etc.). Unfortunately the "ipod_smplrmt_button"-Command has no effect. Using a high verbose (=6) 
regarding the iPod driver I see, that the ContextButtonStatus-Command is correctly send to and acknowledged by the apple
 device. What's the trick to control the apple device using the "ipod_smplrmt_*" commands? Is it really possible to use 
the "ipod_smplrmt_*" commands to control the ipod as specified in the MFI? Or is the simple remote lingo supported by 
QNX restricted to iPod Out? To control the iPod by means of the extended interface is completely unproblematic.The 
procedure is simply 1. connecting to the apple device (ipod_connect()) 2. use the "ipod_smplrmt_button" command (for 
instance IPOD_BUTTON_CONTEXT_NEXT_TRACK [playback engine is not empty]).
I'm looking forward that anybody can give me a hint. 
Re: Using Simple Remote Lingo by means of QNX Aviage Multimedia Interface for iPod 1.2.1  
Hello

Given the licensing restrictions and other agreements related to iPod, we
are unable to discuss our implementation in public forums.

Please go through your existing support contacts to discuss this and any
other issues related to iPod.

Regards,

>