Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Qnx IDE: Tip of the Day #26: Launch script on target: (2 Items)

Qnx IDE: Tip of the Day #26: Launch script on target  
Even it is not officially documented it is possible to run target shell scripts from IDE.

How to do it:
Create a normal Qnx Qconn launch configuration. Select ANY project and ANY binary
in the Main page (this is required to satisfy IDE checks, these settings won't be used).
In Upload tab, select "Use executable on target", and type script name (or use browse),
Script must have +x set already. Specify script arguments in Arguments tab. Now you can run it.
It will print output on console. If you want to save output to a file, you can use Common tab to set it.

The other "trick" related to that, if you doing system profiling and your script is a test for already
running processes, you can setup launch configuration for this test script as describe above
but add Kernel Logging Tool to capture the log associated with the test.
Re: Qnx IDE: Tip of the Day #26: Launch script on target  
I have target shell scripts which will run couple of applications inside the script. I created debug launcher and set 
target shell script as remote executable. I can able to execute the target scripts successfully from IDE, But I faced 
couple of issue. 

Issue 1: 
In my target shell script, the application shall run in the back ground (using &) process. The debugger immediately goes
  to exit state after it run the application from the target shell. 
Solution:
I solved it by removing the & symbol from the shell for particular application. I can see the debugger is running. 

Issue 2: 
I'm not able to debug the application which starts from the target shell. My intention is to debug the application which
 is inside the shell script. Any suggestion on how to debug the application which runs from the script. 

However, I can able to debug the application by attaching the debugger "Attach to debugger Process". Also by debugging 
the application if I set remote executable as application instead of target shell script.