Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX IDE memory profile doesnt collect events from target : (3 Items)

QNX IDE memory profile doesnt collect events from target  
This is an issue that is seen at times with the Memorry analysis.

I run the debug version of the example given by the qnx that is memory analysis with the memory analysis tool enabled.

I see it is running the application in the target that is connected and is running, but i dont see any drop down with 
the process and thread ids so that i can view some data on the right pane.

I do at times see it running file and i am able to see the memory information and also backtraces and other info.

I am attaching a sreen shot of the same, kindly help me understand what could cause this.

with thanks
Aji.
Attachment: Bitmap QNX_IDE_MemoryProfilingIssue.bmp 3.75 MB
Re: QNX IDE memory profile doesnt collect events from target  
Looks like a bug (possibly related to timeout on slow connections).
In this case file with data can be imported manually (check file name in Advanced settings of Memory Analysis tool in 
Launch configuration), transfer file on the host and import using Import command from Session view.
Re: QNX IDE memory profile doesnt collect events from target  
Thanks...Elena

I did try to copy the file manually from the target and import into the session view. 
It works, but i am not sure whether it will work with the default file "/dev/dbgmem", i used some other file.

The problem with the above approach is that it doesnt provide with a reatime analysis.

I will try to improve the connection speed and try again.

With thanks
Aji.