Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - memory analysis tool only shows first 108 events captured: (7 Items)

memory analysis tool only shows first 108 events captured  
javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1ef1bc6
Attachment: Image momentics_memanalysis_screencapture.JPG 213.89 KB
Re: memory analysis tool only shows first 108 events captured  
My original message seems to have been cut-off.  Here's a re-send of the actual text...

===================

Hi,

I am running a 6.3.2 QNX Momentics version with io-pkt load.  I am trying to run the Memory Analysis tool on one of my 
applications using version 4.5.1 of the IDE.

Despite requesting trace information update every 10 seconds (e.g. 10000 ms), the Memory Analysis tool only shows the 
first 108 events.  I have checked the /tmp/traces.rmat file and it is growing (e.g. trace information is continuously 
being captured).

Question:  How do I analyze the information collected after the first 108 events?

Cheers,

maurice

Hi Maurice,

This could be related to the other issue you posted. Are you setting Limit Back Trace Depth when you observe the capture
 events problem? If so, can you please try to capture events without setting Limit Back Trace Depth and let us know if 
you experience the same issue?

Also, could you please post a copy of your workspace log file (the .metadata/.log file in your workspace folder). 

Thanks,
David Cummings
Hi David,

I did not set the limit back trace depths on this test.  It was left in its default value.

maurice
Where did you obtain the librcheck that you are using on your target?
We've posted a new version of the experimental librcheck for use with the memory analysis tools and 6.3.2 targets.

It can be download from http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/downloadFile/projects.ide/frs.binary_patches_for_ide.
librcheck_632_compatible/frs5320?dl=1
Are you launching memory analysis with debugger? IDE probably times 
after some time of inactivity. Try to use it a) in a run mode b) you can 
transfer traces.rmat file on host and import in mat session using Import 
action

maurice gibbs wrote:
> My original message seems to have been cut-off.  Here's a re-send of the actual text...
>
> ===================
>
> Hi,
>
>  
>
> I am running a 6.3.2 QNX Momentics version with io-pkt load.  I am trying to run the Memory Analysis tool on one of my
 applications using version 4.5.1 of the IDE.
>
>  
>
> Despite requesting trace information update every 10 seconds (e.g. 10000 ms), the Memory Analysis tool only shows the 
first 108 events.  I have checked the /tmp/traces.rmat file and it is growing (e.g. trace information is continuously 
being captured).
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Question:  How do I analyze the information collected after the first 108 events?
>
>  
>
> Cheers,
>
> maurice
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________