Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - System Profiler does not save imported binary mappings: (3 Items)

System Profiler does not save imported binary mappings  
I'm trying to setup address translation in the system profiler but am having some difficulties. 

Looking at my .kev file, if I open Properties -> Address Translation -> Binary Mappings and import the binary mapping 
file I got from 'pidin mem' everything seems to work and I see all my binaries and associated libraries.  However, after
 I click Apply -> OK, if I re-open the preferences all the mappings are gone.

If I manually add binaries and libraries when I close and open the preferences the mappings have been saved, however 
adding every binary and library manually is much more work than simply importing them all in one shot.

Have I missed a step?  Do I need to do something else to get the imported settings to save?
Thanks,

Steven Lougheed

Re: System Profiler does not save imported binary mappings  
Hi Steven,

I've investigated your issue and it looks like this problem occurs when the list of binary mappings provided is large. 
I've raised a bug report for this issue.

I'm assuming that when you set them manually you aren't specifying every mapping that pidin mem is providing? To 
workaround the current issue, you might want to use the import but then select all the mappings that you don't need and 
press remove.
Re: System Profiler does not save imported binary mappings  
I hadn't noticed that but you're correct, it seems I can successfully import 63 binaries/libraries but if I attempt to 
import more than that, it fails to save them.  63 sounds like a fair number but considering io-media-generic links in 20
 or more shared objects, that number disappears quickly.

Anyway, I'll limit my import list for now, thanks for workaround.
steve