Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Imported project loses build type (e.g. application or shared library): (4 Items)

Imported project loses build type (e.g. application or shared library)  
I created a QNX C++ project in Momentics which built a shared library. This builds the shared library without any 
problems. I then "exported" this project to another place on the file-system. Next I deleted the original project from 
the Project Explorer and then "imported" the previously exported project as an "existing" project back into Momentics. 
When I did this it lost information on what to build (e.g. an application or <shared> library). So now Momentics tries 
to build my shared library as an application and of course fails since there is no "main" function defined. How do I 
force Momentics to treat this project as a library project rather than as a runnable application? I can't figure out 
where this information is being stored. When I bring up the project's properties the "Library" tab is missing. I'd like 
to fix this project since I deleted the original exported project.

I am running Momentics 4.5.1 (Build id: I20081125)

Thanks for any suggestions . . .
Re: Imported project loses build type (e.g. application or shared library)  
You don't have a Library tab? That is where it switches... Can you reproduce it in small example and attach it here?

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> I created a QNX C++ project in Momentics which built a shared library. This builds the shared library without any 
problems. I then "exported" this project to another place on the file-system. Next I deleted the original project from 
the Project Explorer and then "imported" the previously exported project as an "existing" project back into Momentics. 
When I did this it lost information on what to build (e.g. an application or <shared> library). So now Momentics tries 
to build my shared library as an application and of course fails since there is no "main" function defined. How do I 
force Momentics to treat this project as a library project rather than as a runnable application? I can't figure out 
where this information is being stored. When I bring up the project's properties the "Library" tab is missing. I'd like 
> 
> I am running Momentics 4.5.1 (Build id: I20081125)
> 
> Thanks for any suggestions . . .
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post31415
> 
When you export did you include directories such as x86/so-g (or whatever processor you have)?
Try to remove all exiting processor directories from current project. Create new qnx library project, enable variants 
you need and click apply.
It will create directories with makefiles. Copy those directories into you "spoiled" project. That should fix that I 
hope.

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> I created a QNX C++ project in Momentics which built a shared library. This builds the shared library without any 
> 
> I am running Momentics 4.5.1 (Build id: I20081125)
> 
> Thanks for any suggestions . . .
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post31415
> 
The problem was that I didn't explicitly export the so, so-g folders. I manually added those back to the project and 
added the boilerplate Makefile's and it now works (e.g. the "Library" tab has magically re-appeared). 

Thanks for the help . . .