Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Files missing in Target File System Navigator: (7 Items)

Files missing in Target File System Navigator  
I am currently running the latest version of the IDE (Version: 4.5.1
Build id: I20081125). I noticed that as I add more projects to my workspace the Target File System Navigator fails to 
show the files contained within folders on my target.

I'm not sure the number of projects that lead to this "tipping-point" but if I create a new (empty) Eclipse workspace, 
add my target, and then browse via the Target File System Navigator the files within folders magically reappear. It's 
really odd. The view consistently shows the directory structure on the target (no matter now many projects I have) but 
after a while the files "disappear". I'm not sure if the workspace is in some way getting corrupt or if there is some 
other error. All I know is that creating a new workspace seems to fix the problem until I create the 'nth' project . . .
 and then the files on my target (but not the directory structure) disappear. Can someone offer a fix or instruction on 
how I can trouble-shoot this problem?
Re: Files missing in Target File System Navigator  
We have some bugs in this area. To workaround the issue, Close the target project (from Project Explorer or Navigator 
view) and re-open again.

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> I am currently running the latest version of the IDE (Version: 4.5.1
> Build id: I20081125). I noticed that as I add more projects to my workspace the Target File System Navigator fails to 
show the files contained within folders on my target.
> 
> I'm not sure the number of projects that lead to this "tipping-point" but if I create a new (empty) Eclipse workspace,
 add my target, and then browse via the Target File System Navigator the files within folders magically reappear. It's 
really odd. The view consistently shows the directory structure on the target (no matter now many projects I have) but 
after a while the files "disappear". I'm not sure if the workspace is in some way getting corrupt or if there is some 
other error. All I know is that creating a new workspace seems to fix the problem until I create the 'nth' project . . .
 and then the files on my target (but not the directory structure) disappear. Can someone offer a fix or instruction on 
how I can trouble-shoot this problem?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post30873
> 
I tried closing and then re-opening the "target" project (e.g. a QNX Target System Project). This still doesn't fix the 
problem. Although the directories are present in the Target Filesystem Navigator, the contents of those directories have
 disappeared. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks . . .
Oh I think I know what you mean - Whole right panel is empty? This is a bug where all columns becomes 0 size (So you 
don't even see column headers).
To fix that open view menu (looks like triangle) and select Table Parameters and just click OK. That will re-set columns

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> I tried closing and then re-opening the "target" project (e.g. a QNX Target System Project). This still doesn't fix 
the problem. Although the directories are present in the Target Filesystem Navigator, the contents of those directories 
have disappeared. Do you have any other suggestions?
> 
> Thanks . . .
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post31000
> 
That works! Thanks so much for the help!
RE: Files missing in Target File System Navigator  
Is this something we should add to the list of known issues in the
release notes?

Steve Reid (stever@qnx.com)
Technical Editor
QNX Software Systems 
I had no such problem until I'd updated the software Image on the MTP hardware. 
This indication really helped. Thanks!