Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Missing something obvious: Page 1 of 10 (10 Items)

Missing something obvious  
So I will ask and I am sure someone will point it out. 

I am currently running the 0402 build of 4.6 on Windows XP.  It is installed and being used with a QNX 632 installation.
  Regardless of my challenges from previous posts it is generally working well.

Today I decided I would try to get a remote debugging session going.  I went and found the newer version of qconn:
NAME=qconn
DESCRIPTION=QNX Connecter
DATE=2008/12/03-14:09:26-EST
STATE=stable
HOST=compbuild2
USER=pspbuild
VERSION=632-1225
TAGID=2389

After I had problems, I created the default Hello World ANSI C project and tried to debug it on my target.  My target is
 a VMware instance running the same 632 developers install that I use in Windows.  I updated it with the above mentioned
 qconn and that is it.

When I try to start it up under the debugger, the application crashes with a SIGSEGV at 0xb0031bdc - it never gets to 
main().

If I go to the target and run the uploaded exe from /tmp, it runs fine.  I can also run gdb on it and it works as 
expected.

I assume I am missing something that I need to upgrade on the target?

As far as qconn goes, I can browse everything from the target perspective (looking at processes, file system, etc..).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick..