Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem getting the process ids when attaching to a process via qconn in IDE 4.6: (3 Items)

Problem getting the process ids when attaching to a process via qconn in IDE 4.6  
When attempting to attach to a running process on a target using C/C++ QNX Attach to Remote Process via QCONN (IP)

the 'getting process id...' step never seems to finish.

The window showing the process names and IDs does not refresh.

One has to click on the Refresh button. But even though the screen updates, the vertical scroll bar does not respond.

One has to click Cancel and try again.

This was not an issue in 4.5.1

Re: Problem getting the process ids when attaching to a process via qconn in IDE 4.6  
Thanks I opened pr #66426

Keith Smith wrote:
> When attempting to attach to a running process on a target using C/C++ QNX Attach to Remote Process via QCONN (IP)
> 
> the 'getting process id...' step never seems to finish.
> 
> The window showing the process names and IDs does not refresh.
> 
> One has to click on the Refresh button. But even though the screen updates, the vertical scroll bar does not respond.
> 
> One has to click Cancel and try again.
> 
> This was not an issue in 4.5.1
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post24493
> 
Re: Problem getting the process ids when attaching to a process via qconn in IDE 4.6  
I could not reproduce it even when running qconn on busy target or with higher priority processes.
I added some checks but I cannot tell if it is fixed or not.  Fixes I made would be available in the next IDE build 
around Apr 30 2009