Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX C project - add library based on build variant: (2 Items)

QNX C project - add library based on build variant  
Hello,

I have created a QNX C project in Momentics 4.5.0.

The wizard asks for selection of build variant.
I choose debug & release for arm and x86.

I would like to add variants based on whether or not to link against a particular libary, "mq"

i.e. I want to build my project so that I have release binaries generated in different folders, one that links with "
libmq" and one that does not.

This is two generate different versions of my binary: one that uses mqueue (standard implementation, part of libc), and 
another version that uses mq (alternative implementation, requires linking with libmq)

Is this possible?  

Thanks,
Andy
Re: QNX C project - add library based on build variant  
Yes. Create another variant under arm - for example release-mqueue and release-mq (or you can re-use "release" variant 
for one of them),
Switch to Advanced mode (at the bottom) and select specific variant at the top. In Linker tab add your libraries. Same 
for another configuration.
You have to repeat the same for x86. If you want both in debug you have to do same for debug variants.

Andrew Sherk wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I have created a QNX C project in Momentics 4.5.0.
> 
> The wizard asks for selection of build variant.
> I choose debug & release for arm and x86.
> 
> I would like to add variants based on whether or not to link against a particular libary, "mq"
> 
> i.e. I want to build my project so that I have release binaries generated in different folders, one that links with "
libmq" and one that does not.
> 
> This is two generate different versions of my binary: one that uses mqueue (standard implementation, part of libc), 
and another version that uses mq (alternative implementation, requires linking with libmq)
> 
> Is this possible?  
> 
> Thanks,
> Andy
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post20961
>