Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - IDE 4.5 Debugging 6.4.0 / 6.3.2 co-existance: Page 1 of 13 (13 Items)

IDE 4.5 Debugging 6.4.0 / 6.3.2 co-existance  
Looks like the launch configuration's selection of the debugger is not based on the QNX_HOST setting in the workspace 
but is based on what it finds in the PATH.

I have both QNX 6.3.2 and 6.4.0 installed ... which means that I have both of their QNX_TARGET/usr/bin's in my path, 
with the 6.3.2 one
being first.

If I configure the IDE to use the 6.4.0 configuration, and then try and debug a binary, the wrong 'gdb' is being picked 
up which results in no end of problems.

I'm about to do the update to 6.4.1 to see if this is resolved, but since I have to support both 6.3.2 and 6.4.0, doing 
constant PATH gymnastics is a no-go and updating every launch configuration seems kind of dumb.

... as a feature suggestion, could the QNX_HOST/QNX_TARGET values not also be propagated as Eclipse variables so that 
they could be used all throughout the IDE as baseline values?

Thanks,
 Thomas