Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - VERSION_TAG_SO: (3 Items)

VERSION_TAG_SO  
I have been using Momentics 4.0.1 for a while.  All of my projects that build shared objects have the following lines in
 common.mk:
#===== VERSION_TAG_SO - version tag for SONAME. Use it only if you don't like SONAME_VERSION
override VERSION_TAG_SO=

This removes the library version.  When I started using Momentics 4.5, the IDE automatically modifies some of my common.
mk files and removes this line.  I'd have to go to the project's properties and reset the library version to none again.
  Since I have many projects that build shared objects, this has become quite annoying.  Is there something I can do to 
prevent this from happening?
Re: VERSION_TAG_SO  
This is  a bug, it just has been fixed recently. Fixing should be 
available in next integration build.

Regards,

Alex

Rex Lam wrote:
> I have been using Momentics 4.0.1 for a while.  All of my projects that build shared objects have the following lines 
in common.mk:
> #===== VERSION_TAG_SO - version tag for SONAME. Use it only if you don't like SONAME_VERSION
> override VERSION_TAG_SO=
>
> This removes the library version.  When I started using Momentics 4.5, the IDE automatically modifies some of my 
common.mk files and removes this line.  I'd have to go to the project's properties and reset the library version to none
 again.  Since I have many projects that build shared objects, this has become quite annoying.  Is there something I can
 do to prevent this from happening?
>
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post13083
>
>    

Re: VERSION_TAG_SO  
Thank you Alex.