Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX SystemProfiler API request: (3 Items)

QNX SystemProfiler API request  
I've been developing plug-ins for the QNX System Profiler for several years now. However, it's still very hard since the
 API for it is not available at all. So, it's trial and error most of the time.

Therefore, I'd like to request an API for the entire (core, search, ui etc.) System Profiler plug-in. It would make the 
lives of plug-in developers for system analysis way easier. Additionally, javadoc should allow for fast API generation 
anyway.

Another problem is the package export of System Profiler's plug-ins. Some System Profiler plug-ins do not allow 
importing and using necessary classes. (See plug-in configuration's "Runtime" tab defining exported packages).

Greetings

W. Talanow
Re: QNX SystemProfiler API request  
This request should go through proper support channels, please contact you customer support person to feel enhancement 
request.

Wjatscheslaw Talanow wrote:
> I've been developing plug-ins for the QNX System Profiler for several years now. However, it's still very hard since 
the API for it is not available at all. So, it's trial and error most of the time.
> 
> Therefore, I'd like to request an API for the entire (core, search, ui etc.) System Profiler plug-in. It would make 
the lives of plug-in developers for system analysis way easier. Additionally, javadoc should allow for fast API 
generation anyway.
> 
> Another problem is the package export of System Profiler's plug-ins. Some System Profiler plug-ins do not allow 
importing and using necessary classes. (See plug-in configuration's "Runtime" tab defining exported packages).
> 
> Greetings
> 
> W. Talanow
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post12418
> 
Attachment: Text elaskavaia.vcf 116 bytes
Re: QNX SystemProfiler API request  
Id second Mr. Talanow's request (although I am currently not crazy enough to develop SP extensions without a documented 
API :-)