Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Debug with .so files : Page 1 of 15 (15 Items)

Debug with .so files  
I am developing qnx drivers that use .so files.
Often my debug session does not break on the breakpoints I set up after I sych my source code with perforce. If it 
happens, I have to re-import my code and start from scratch. Sometime, it still does not work. 

Today I ran two debug configurations, one for io-net, one for io-pkt. Both code uses the same devn-bcm5691.so on the 
target system. io-net session would break as I have setup. 

I kill the io-net session (debug tab display empty window) and start the io-pkt session. The io-pkt session would not 
break. I have stepped through the code and am sure that devn-bcm5691.so was loaded. And yet it does not break and 
console display the following messages. The program run through, because my debugging print shows on the screen.

------------------------------------------
Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
--------------------------------------------

This scenario can be repeated after I reboot the target system.

I am not sure what the IDE system use to keep the breakpoints or other debug information from session to session. My 
guess is these files are locked and not cleared from one debug session to the other.

Please help me with this. 

Thanks very much.
Sherry Chen