Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Facing Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600 error while building the HHBSP Image: (5 Items)

Facing Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600 error while building the HHBSP Image  
hi
I'm Trying to build the HHBSP image with the help of the momentics IDE.I've placed all the GUEST_BSP,HOST_BSP & all the 
required things at the specified places & have modified the configure.mk file.
But i'm facing the errors while building.

Error-

mkifs -vvv -r../install  generated/ifs/hypervisor-FINAL-bios_root.build generated/ifs/hypervisor-ifs-bios_root.bin
Line 7: Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600.
make[1]: *** [generated/ifs/hypervisor-ifs-bios_root.bin] Error 1
Makefile:167: recipe for target 'generated/ifs/hypervisor-ifs-bios_root.bin' failed
make: *** [images] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/mandsingh/ide-7.1-workspace/bsp-hypervisor-host/images'
Makefile:48: recipe for target 'images' failed
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Further i'm attaching the console logs.
If anyone have idea related to this please reply.
Thanks
Attachment: Image Screenshot (515).png 231.12 KB Text Momentics Console Error Logs.txt 26.21 KB
Re: Facing Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600 error while building the HHBSP Image  
This option for mkqnx6fsimg tool not mkifs - either build file is wrong, or tool that invoked on that is wrong
Did you modify this bsp?
Re: Facing Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600 error while building the HHBSP Image  
No, we didn't modify the BSP Buildfile for this.
and which tool are you talking about?

Which buildfiles are we supposed to modify as we are building only for Hypervisor & 1 QNX Neutrino RTOS as a Guest.

One more thing, we didn't have download "Tools-FileSystem Image Utilities(windows 64-bit)" in QNX Software Center,& when
 we install that Tools & try to build the HHBSP in that Case, we get different errors like asmodff.def, recurse.mk etc.

So, do we require those Tools Or not? And do we require any other software to download from Software Center?

Here,i'm attaching the things we've downloaded in QNX Software Center.Pls comment if any other thing is also required.

Thank You
Attachment: Image Screenshot (517).png 171.03 KB
Hi,

The file you show is bios_root.build, and from the visible part on the screen, this is for creating a qnx6fs image.  
qnx6fs images are created with the "mkqnx6fsimg" tool, not the mkifs tool.  There should be several calls to mkifs or 
mkqnx6fsimg to create the full output image.  In the output you showd on the first post:

cat hypervisor-generic-arm.build >> hypervisor-board-specific.build

cat generated/ifs/hyp-bios_root.build hypervisor-board-specific.build hypervisor-common-arm.build hypervisor-common.
build > generated/ifs/hypervisor-FINAL-bios_root.build

mkifs -vvv -r../install  generated/ifs/hypervisor-FINAL-bios_root.build generated/ifs/hypervisor-ifs-bios_root.bin
Line 7: Unknown attribute: num_sectors=409600.

This won't work, because some of the input files to hypervisor-FINAL-bios_root.build are not IFS build files, but are 
qnx6fs build files. 

that line should probably be a call to mkifs using only hypervisor-board-specific.build and then another call to 
mkqnx6fsimg.  

I'm not familiar with this particular BSP, so I would ask whoever provided you this BSP for help about why the makefiles
 seem to be invoking the wrong programs.

> No, we didn't modify the BSP Buildfile for this.
> and which tool are you talking about?
> 
> Which buildfiles are we supposed to modify as we are building only for 
> Hypervisor & 1 QNX Neutrino RTOS as a Guest.
> 
> One more thing, we didn't have download "Tools-FileSystem Image 
> Utilities(windows 64-bit)" in QNX Software Center,& when we install that Tools
>  & try to build the HHBSP in that Case, we get different errors like asmodff.
> def, recurse.mk etc.
> 
> So, do we require those Tools Or not? And do we require any other software to 
> download from Software Center?
> 
> Here,i'm attaching the things we've downloaded in QNX Software Center.Pls 
> comment if any other thing is also required.
> 
> Thank You

Regards,
David

This BSP is a generic one that is provided by QNX Software Center Only.

And build is getting completed if i'm removing UEFI_boot.BUILD , bios_root.BUILD & UEFI_root.BUILD  Files from the 
Host_BSP/BSP_x86-64_br-700_be-700_SVN900813_JBN5199/images folder as attached in SS.

So we want to FLash our board(SA8155P ADP Board) with the Hypervisor & 1 Guest(Neutrino RTOS) ,
now the files generated in the ifs/ folder are hypervisor-FINAL-x86_64-generic.build & hypervisor-FINAL-x86_64-uefi.
build files. 

my doubt is if I create IFS Image Files(flash files to boot hypervisor) from these BUILD files, so will My Hypervisor 
image will get detected in the BOOT menu of the board?
or
Do I need  UEFI_boot.BUILD , bios_root.BUILD & UEFI_root.BUILD these files as well to be generated under ifs/ & then 
only My Hypervisor image will get detected in the BOOT menu of the board?

Attachment: Image Screenshot (518).png 231.95 KB