Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware): (6 Items)

SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware)  
Hi,

I have installed qnx 7 in a vmware (x86_64). I have created a target and I can access the target using an IP address. 
When I right click and select the option "Start SSH session" in target navigator,  it opens up a dialog box where I have
 entered user as "root" and password as "root", it does not connect. After many retries, it says

Error connecting 192.168.148.128 : SSH client error: SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 2 Too many authentication failures 

When i check in the system information sshd process is running.

Can you please help me to connect via ssh.

Thanks.
Re: SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware)  
Any help is highly appreciated. Tthe command line available via vmware is not maximisable and scrollable. It will be 
useful to have a ssh access to target.
It not an IDE problem. Did you try to login to this target from command 
line?
By default on qnx target root does not have a password, did you actually 
set root password?

On 2019-09-30 8:56 a.m., Ganesha Mulleria wrote:
> Any help is highly appreciated. Tthe command line available via vmware is not maximisable and scrollable. It will be 
useful to have a ssh access to target.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post120005
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

No, I did not ty to login from the command line. I am invoking vmware virtual machine and starting qnx7. It opens a 
default command line in qnx environment.

Initially I did not set password. But still I was getting the same error. Then to be sure I have set root password as 
root.

Actually I am using momentics IDE to write and devlop programs. There I saw an option of Connect via SSH in "Target 
Navigator" view. It would be nice to use this facility.
RE: SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware)  
what user are you trying to login as?
if it's root you will probably need to enable root login in the sshd_config on the target.

see PermitRootLogin in https://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?sshd_config+5+NetBSD-5.0

If you are using an empty password you may need to enable PermitEmptyPasswords in the sshd_config.

Cheers
John
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 15:34
To: general-ide
Subject: Re: SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware)

No, I did not ty to login from the command line. I am invoking vmware virtual machine and starting qnx7. It opens a 
default command line in qnx environment.

Initially I did not set password. But still I was getting the same error. Then to be sure I have set root password as 
root.

Actually I am using momentics IDE to write and devlop programs. There I saw an option of Connect via SSH in "Target 
Navigator" view. It would be nice to use this facility.

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post120008
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: SSH session in QNX momentics IDE (vmware)  
Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the hint. It has worked. Now I can access the target inside the momentics IDE.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Ganesha