Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Multithread Debugging remotely: (3 Items)

Multithread Debugging remotely  
I have a 6.3.2 qnx machine, and with IDE4.0.1 in the windows machine. How shall i debug a multithread program remotely, 
using gdb? i appreciate ur experiences in multithread debugging. thank u.
Re: Multithread Debugging remotely  
You can always compile your program on your Windows host using the IDE.  Create a "QNX C/C++ project", select the build 
variants for the cross compile, and build your program targeting Neutrino. Then select the output binary and debug as "C
/C++ QNX QConn(IP)".

Yes, use the GDB version ship with the 6.3.2 install. Make sure you run "qconn" on your Neutrino target machine.

There is cheatsheet detailing how to create a target connection for the debug. You can find it from "Help -> Cheat 
Sheets -> QNX".
Re: Multithread Debugging remotely  
Eric Dong wrote:
> I have a 6.3.2 qnx machine, and with IDE4.0.1 in the windows machine. How shall i debug a multithread program remotely
, using gdb? i appreciate ur experiences in multithread debugging. thank u.
> 

Is this a question about debugging multithreaded vs. single threaded applications? There should be no significant 
difference, except for the fact that you will see multiple threads in your application and you will be able to switch 
between threads when stopped. If you are using IDE, it should be quite straight forward.

Note: for latest gdb binaries, please visit this link http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/listReleases/projects.toolchain
/frs.gdb and download the latest update.