Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Code coverage report is generated for some shared library: (3 Items)

Code coverage report is generated for some shared library  
I enabled code coverage options for the application and shared library. 

Application 1, shared library 1, shared library 2. 
I used the signal handler (SIGUSR2) in application 1 to execute the __gcov_flush. I can see the code coverage is 
generated for all the app files, shared library 1 and 2 source files. 

Similarly I enabled the code coverage options for application 2 and shared library.
Application 2, shared library 3, shared library 4. 
I used the signal handler *SIGUSR2)in application 2 to trigger the __gcov_flush data. 

I can able to see the code coverage data only for application 2 not for the shared library 3 and 4. 

I'm running application 1 and 2 in single target which runs in QNX 6.6, x86 platform. Really don't understand why the 
code coverage data is generated for shared library 1 and 2 in application 1, why not code coverage data is not generated
 for shared library 3 and 4 for the application 2. 

I have also compared the make output in IDE for both application 1 and 2. The options are same for both application 1 
and 2. 

I'm using the QNX IDE version 5.0.1. 

Please let me know why there is a differences code coverage data (gcda ) files are not generated for shared library 3 
and 4. 
Re: Code coverage report is generated for some shared library  
Well generically there should not be any differences obviously, you have to check
1) library 3 and 4 are instrumented with code coverage, 
2) the code from these libs is actually executed
Re: Code coverage report is generated for some shared library  
I'm sure that I have enabled code coverage options for shared library 3 and 4 and shared library code is executed. 
Have added printf's to ensure that shared library code has been executed.