Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Code coverage and java.lang.NullPointerException : (7 Items)

Code coverage and java.lang.NullPointerException  
Hello,

We are trying to use the code coverage option in some of our projects using of QNX Momentics IDE 4.7 (QNX 6.5.0 SP1). 
But most of the time we have an error “java.lang.NullPointerException" while launching the program to the target. 
We tried to create new project dedicated to the coverage with our sources and sometime it works, but most of the time we
 still have the “java.lang.NullPointerException” error.

You will found the log file of Momentics IDE and screen of the error.
I have no idea what is causing this.... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Nizar
Attachment: Image bug_QNX.png 11.98 KB Text .log 9.95 KB
Re: Code coverage and java.lang.NullPointerException  
I have also experiencing similar problem while launching code coverage from IDE. I'm using IDE version 5.0.1. I have 
attached the screen shot of an error. 

Also experiencing null pointer exception if  generate the data from code coverage session. I can able to view the 
information in property window. But, the code coverage report ends with below error. 

HTTP ERROR: 500
Problem accessing /qnx-coverage/coverage. Reason: 

Exception occurred during ctor/Transformation:
debug is false
Parsing XSL Stylesheet Document from configuration: /webapp/WEB-INF/xslt/cov-html.xslt
Performing transformation...

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Any suggestion to solve this issue ?

> Hello,
> 
> We are trying to use the code coverage option in some of our projects using of
>  QNX Momentics IDE 4.7 (QNX 6.5.0 SP1). But most of the time we have an error 
> “java.lang.NullPointerException" while launching the program to the target. 
> We tried to create new project dedicated to the coverage with our sources and 
> sometime it works, but most of the time we still have the “java.lang.
> NullPointerException” error.
> 
> You will found the log file of Momentics IDE and screen of the error.
> I have no idea what is causing this.... 
> 
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> 
> Best regards,
> Nizar

Associations:
post117929:
              code coverage report is not generated -  - Murugaiyan Perumal(deleted)

To resolve this problem it is necessary to install IDE 7.0.0
Even with IDE7.0 your millage will varied, have not been able to get it working with all type of projects ( we use cmake
 ).

That's why I went command line mode. Under linux lcov works great.  Not as nice looking but you can adapt it to what 
ever methodology, plus you get the benefit of being able to automate it and produce resultat that a QC person can look 
at or for some tools to further analyse it. if you use Eclipse only someone with a Momentics license will be able to 
view the results.

Regarding reports its not true, if you generate HTML report with Momentics anybody can see it.
HTML report is similar to what lcov would produce, but yes its not automatable now
With regards to issues with your cmake projects, if you could please let us know what issues you've encountered (either 
through this forum or your support channel) we'd like to help resolve them. We have another release of Momentics 
upcoming in which we're addressing several code coverage issues.
Received below work around suggestions from QNX and solved the null pointer exception in IDE 5.0.1 and IDE 7.0. 

Work around solution for NULL Pointer exception:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem can be a bug in the IDE that we noticed recently in the IDE 7.0. The code for 6.6 appears to have the same 
issue. Reference number is jira  2221099.

The issue seems to be that the name of the folder where the coverage project is stored on disk does not match the name 
of the coverage project in the IDE. The hope is to have this fixed by the next release of Momentics, but the workaround 
is to rename the coverage project in the IDE to match the name of its containing folder on disk.

Can this be your problem? Please make sure the IDE project name and the name on the disk match.