Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Can't install SP1 of QNX IDE 6.5.0 after a clean re-install of 6.5.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit: (5 Items)

Can't install SP1 of QNX IDE 6.5.0 after a clean re-install of 6.5.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit  
Very new to QNX Momentus IDE (Not new to Eclipse CDT though...)

My blunder:
1. I installed QNX 6.5.0 IDE on Windows 7 Pro x64 system (all worked) into C:\QNX650 (default path)
2. Then I installed the SP1 (qnxsdp-6.5.0SP1-201206261830-win32.exe).. also worked
3. I had a workspace in C:\ws\* with a bunch of imported SVN projects.....  
4. I wanted to start from scratch and delete my workspace... C:\ws\*
5. BUT.. I completely deleted the IDE install path C:\QNX650 by accident

I could not uninstall 6.5.0 Ide properly using Add Remove programs.. and those entries got removed as well after trying 
to run them.

So I used the Utility on the 6.5.0 install DVD that wipes an install from a system

QNXWinCleanup.exe

The above worked and I was able to re-install the QNX 650 IDE to default path C:\QNX650 again..

I can even create a workspace and new QNX C++ test project and build it.

BUT... I can't re-install the SP1.. the installer says it already exists in C:\QNX650.
(See attached pic)

But this is not true.. because it got wiped from disk .

There must be some registry entry that exists that makes the SP1 installer THINK its still installed.

How do I remove all existence of SP1 so I can re-install it?
Attachment: Image qnx-ide-650-sp1-failing-to-install.PNG 19.35 KB
Re: Can't install SP1 of QNX IDE 6.5.0 after a clean re-install of 6.5.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit  
Forgot to include the output from the QCONFIG.EXE command showing what is installed.. shows that 6.5.0 is installed but 
SP1 is NOT!

C:\>qconfig
QNX Installations

Installation Name: QNX Software Development Platform 6.5.0
            Version: 6.5.0
     Base Directory: C:/QNX650
           QNX_HOST: C:/QNX650/host/win32/x86
         QNX_TARGET: C:/QNX650/target/qnx6

Additional Packages

C:\>
Re: Can't install SP1 of QNX IDE 6.5.0 after a clean re-install of 6.5.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit  
Hi,

Installers use a special registry called vpd.properties to determine if the product is already installed.  The cleanup 
utility should have updated it.  It is possible that on a 64bit system the cleanup utility did not work as expected.

You can try running the cleanup utility again to remove 6.5.0.  Then do a system search to locate vpd.properties file 
(note, it is a hidden file, so you'll need to enable the option to "view hidden files").  Rename vpd.properties into vpd
.properties-oct12-2016.  Re-install 6.5.0 and 6.5.0SP1.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

Natalia
Thanks.. I will do a full uninstall of 6.5.0, followed by the QNXWinCleanup.exe and hunt for the hidden files before re-
install
Thanks... it worked.

the "vpd.properties" file exists in C:\Windows  on both 32bit and 64bit windows hosts

used this article to assist with understanding the file from IBM and Eclipse

http://www.theserverside.com/tip/IBM-Installation-Configuration-Tip-1-Installation-problems-and-vpdproperties

After removing QNX 6.5.0 Momentics using its uninstaller, I renamed the C:\Windows\vpd.properties to a .bak file
reinstalled 6.5.0
and then re-installed the SP1 setup and it worked.

All working now.