Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Parallel Builds: (4 Items)

Parallel Builds  
I'm running Momentics v6.3.2.  Is there a way to do parallel builds, so I use all six of my processors to compile 
instead of just one?

Gerald
RE: Parallel Builds  
In the QNX C/C++ Project settings go under the Make Builder tab - there is an entry at the bottom for using multiple 
threads when compiling.

Note that this is limited to compiling - the linking is done on a single thread and compilation is limited to one 
project at a time, i.e.

3 projects A, B, and C each have 10 source files and the parallel job number is 5.

Build All would build A, then B, then C.  During source file compilation A's 10 files are compiled 5 at a time until 
they are all done.  The project is then linked on a single thread. Momentics then moves on to project B and does the 
same thing...

If you want parallel job compilation you will need to script it all from the command line.

[cid:image001.png@01D12DDF.726DA400]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:36 PM
To: general-ide
Subject: Parallel Builds

I'm running Momentics v6.3.2.  Is there a way to do parallel builds, so I use all six of my processors to compile 
instead of just one?

Gerald

General

http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post115198

To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com<mailto:general-
ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com>;
Attachment: HTML sf-attachment-mime31692 5.04 KB Image sf-attachment-mime31693 90.01 KB
Re: RE: Parallel Builds  
Hi,

Thanks.  That lookslike it's for a new version pf the IDE, not Dev Suite 6.3.2 ( IDE 4.0.1 )

Gerald
Re: Parallel Builds  
I'm not too familiar with IDE 4.0 but if your project type is based on make, you should be able to build with six 
threads by passing -j6 to make. I think some QNX Makefile project types have a JLEVEL variable that may be useful as 
well.