Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - 64 Bit version of Eclipse: (4 Items)

64 Bit version of Eclipse  
Half a year ago someone told me that you guys were working on a 64bit flavor of Eclipse.

We have been able to run 32Bit Momentics on Ubuntu 64Bit without too much fuss, but it's getting troublesome ( has 
anyone been able to install 32 bit JavaHL on Ubuntu 64 bit.).

I wont ask when or if that's comming ;-)  Instead I would like to know if there is some sort of hack/trick that one can 
pull to use Eclipse 64 bit.  I currently use Mars with the latest QNX stuff added in (  qnx-momentics-v201510011642-repo
.zip )

Re: 64 Bit version of Eclipse  
Did you try to install this from the repo on top of 64 bit mars?
I am really surprise it works with mars since this repo is for Kepler
CDT uses native packages, if you can get 64 bit native fragments from mars cdt and drop them in 
some-how - it may work.
I installed the zip file through Mars "Install New Software" method.  I tried when Mars first came out but it wouldn't 
install, couldn't resolve dependencies.  I decided to try against this week and remember that when I did the same 
procedure with Kepler I needed to use the Classic version of Eclipse. For Mars I realized that the “SDK package” is 
what I was looking for.

I don't have much mileage with it since only started using it yesterday.  But it's looking good so far.  I had to modify
 the .ini provided with Mars to use the equinox launcher provided with Momentics 6.6.0, as specify in qde.ini of 6.6.  

We have been using Luna for over a year with the same repo files.

The reason we have been using this setup instead of out of the box Momentics, is Momentics comes with an old svn plug-in
 and I couldn't find a way to upgrade/uninstall reliably it because of the way it’s bundle.  By using the Eclipse + 
QNXREpos setup we have been able to keep up-to-date with Eclipse/CDT and make use of the latest feature set.

We offer our programmers the choice of Eclipse+repos or Momentics telling them that by using Eclipse+repos they are 
using an "untested" package that is not officially support.  But after more than a year of experience it turns out that 
Eclipse+repos is more stable and has increase usability.
On RHEL 7.2 recently updated (as of Des. 7. 2015) one need to install gnu.io.rxtz (http://archive.eclipse.org/tm/updates
/rxtx/) before installing from the QNX repo or else dependencies will not be met, and it will not find where to pick it 
up.

I used the new mars installer as well, installed the CDT, rxtx, and then QNX. Currently testing it.
Before this I used the vanilla QNX SDK from 6.6, but a gtk/X11 bug hit all kind of scrolling and some mouse actions, 
resulting in crashes -> not usable.

regards,
George