Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - NTVDM: (3 Items)

NTVDM  
Hello,

I was happy converting ( manually ) our makefiles and associated tools to be able to compile from the IDE under windows.
  Everything was going great when all of the sudden every time I start a compilation I'm not getting a window that pop 
up with an illegal operation.  See attached image.

I have no idea what change I made to get there.  My only clue is that is start happening when I try to enable parallel 
job ( from within the behavior tab ).  I've now disable parallel job and even rebooted the computer but to no avail.
When this error pops up ntvdm.exe is using 100% of the cpu.

Note the makefiles are using some external tools .

Why is there *16* bit ms-dos involved ???
Attachment: Bitmap ntvdm.bmp 187.08 KB
Re: NTVDM  
Update.

I've recreated the project and all is fine now ???  Don't know what the problem is, I've compare both .cproject and the 
biggest difference is that on the project that doesn't work for all the make target I can see:

buildArguments>-j</buildArguments>

But in the project properties parallel make is off. I try to toggle it but it has no effect on these settings in the 
file.

I get the feeling the file is corrupted ( see attached file)

Attachment: Text common.mk 20.17 KB
Re: NTVDM  
> Hello,
> 
> I was happy converting ( manually ) our makefiles and associated tools to be 
> able to compile from the IDE under windows.  Everything was going great when 
> all of the sudden every time I start a compilation I'm not getting a window 
> that pop up with an illegal operation.  See attached image.
> 
> I have no idea what change I made to get there.  My only clue is that is start
>  happening when I try to enable parallel job ( from within the behavior tab ).
>   I've now disable parallel job and even rebooted the computer but to no avail
> .
> When this error pops up ntvdm.exe is using 100% of the cpu.
> 
> Note the makefiles are using some external tools .
> 
> Why is there *16* bit ms-dos involved ???

Please ignore....  The NTVDM was caused by the makefile trying to run a QNX6 executable under Windows.  When I was 
recreating a project from scratch on the first build it would not do it but it would on subsequent build.  

However there is still the issue of the parallel job flag.