Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - IDE hangles executive files.: (3 Items)

IDE hangles executive files.  
Sometimes IDE can't free the executive file that was run for debugging under IDE control.
Details: I have Momentics 4.7 IDE installed on Windows XP office computer and an embedded QNX at the industrial 
processor. In Momentics I edit the sources, compile and link the executive file. Then I tried to debug. With the help of
 RED buttons I stop the debugging of the program and try to create a new program version. The new version is compiled 
and the *.o files are created. But the IDE couldn't remove the previous version of the execute file and then couldn't 
link the new one. In my mind, the IDE (Java based) has started some number of threads when debugging but didn't stop 
some thread which holds the executive. Moreover the Windows XP couldn't delete that executive file outside the IDE 
untill I stop the IDE and reload it.
How to solve the problem? What is the sequence to push the red buttons in the IDE? The time of loading the IDE is long 
and it is not so suitable to lost the IDE session.
With best regards,
Serge.
Re: IDE hangles executive files.  
Yes, I'd like to bump this thread (two years later, huh!).

I'm experiencing the same issue - I'm using the 5.0.1 version of QNX Momentics with QNX 6.6 under VMWare player.

I can write/compile/run the code a number of times and then, at some point, the IDE seems to get stuck on some version 
of the binary and doesn't start any other. Yes, the new sources are compiled, linked and .o/exec files are created, but 
they aren't run on the target.

Has anyone came up with the solution? So far a quick reboot seems to help, but it's nowhere near to what I'd like to see
 it. 

Best,
   Przemek
Re: IDE hangles executive files.  
Check you launch configuration. You can remove the old configuration and try to create a new one.
IDE downloads and run files from /tmp by default.
a) Remove all file from /tmp or reset your device to make sure nothing bad is there
b) Check that new binary is created during compile time (check timestamp)
c) In launch configuration check that path to binary is correct
d) In Upload tab of launch configuration make sure that Upload binary to target is check (also I would uncheck Use 
random name, so you actually can check on device what is run)