Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Different extra libraries for debug and release in AppBuilder project: (1 Item)

Different extra libraries for debug and release in AppBuilder project  
Hi,

I'm using IDE 4.7 on Windows, targetting QNX 6.5.0 SP1 on x86. I have an AppBuilder project that now needs to make use 
of some Boost 1.53.0 compiled libraries (system, filesystem, date_time) and I want to be able to use the debug and 
release variants of the libraries in the appropriate build.

Previously in QNX C/C++ projects I can just go to the project Properties -> QNX C/C++ Project -> Linker, click on "
Advanced >>", and then set different settings for Debug and Release variants.

However, in an AppBuilder project I don't get the "Advanced" setting (perhaps something to do with having multiple 
Builders?). How in that case can I set the debug or release variants? I do not think I can use the "Use proper variant" 
option since Boost's naming convention does not have a _g sufix for debug; simply renaming the library files would 
result in one of them (filesystem IIRC) depending on a library that no longer exists.

Am I taking the wrong approach in this case? Is there even that separation of variants in an AppBuilder project?

I also tried the AppBuilder linker settings but they do not seem to be separated into debug and release.

Thanks for any assistance.