Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Not able to track the _NTO_USEREVENT class in IDE: (4 Items)

Not able to track the _NTO_USEREVENT class in IDE  
Hi, 
I am trying to use the tracelogger to debug a system issue that involves multiple threads and starvation.
I am using QNX 6.5.0 instrumented kernel with IDE4.7. i tried running tracelogger both in normal as well as extended 
demon mode.
I am trying to log some user trace events using trace_logi(), trace_logf() etc.
None of this does not seem to work as the kev file does not show these event calsses in the profile editor window.
Can anybody help?
Attachment: Text tracebuffer.kev 2.51 MB
Re: Not able to track the _NTO_USEREVENT class in IDE  
I see 2 instances of user event 0, eg

Event, Time, Owner, Type, Cycle, Data
61213, 6s 3ms 613us, audio_data (131092) Thread 9 (9), User Event 0, 
0xEBB54CFF, d0 1 d1 1

On 12-10-11 4:28 PM, prabhath krishnamoorthy wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use the tracelogger to debug a system issue that involves multiple threads and starvation.
> I am using QNX 6.5.0 instrumented kernel with IDE4.7. i tried running tracelogger both in normal as well as extended 
demon mode.
> I am trying to log some user trace events using trace_logi(), trace_logf() etc.
> None of this does not seem to work as the kev file does not show these event calsses in the profile editor window.
> Can anybody help?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post96267
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-ide-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com

Yes, I confirmed tha the events that I log are in the kev file, but, it does not show up in the event editor of the IDE.
 Infact, the I do not see a User Event class to search for in my trace editor of the IDE.
I got around the issue without understanding what has really happened. When I closed the workspace and came back again, 
then the system editor was able to fin the trace events.
Thanks,