Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - IDE won't build my files: (5 Items)

IDE won't build my files  
We got a graphics library a QNX engineer we're working with.  Lots of folders and files.

It previously built under the QNX development system. I imported it into my QNX project under the IDE.  In imported just
 fine. All the files and folders were there When I try to build the project the compiler doesn't find any of the files. 
 The IDE won't compile the files.  I've had this problem before where I add files to the project and the compiler 
ignores them.  What is the 'secret' to adding files, importing files to the IDE project and getting the compiler to pick
 them up.

Re: IDE won't build my files  
Hi, Ralph,

What kind of a project is this?  Managed build?  Recursive makefile?  QNX C/C++ Project?

Can you describe the structure?  For example, are there multiple source directories within the project?  If it's a 
managed-build project, do you have build settings on specific folders or only on the project as a whole?  If it's a QNX 
C/C++ Project, are there multiple sub-directories with their own common.mk files, or is there one common.mk for the 
whole project?

How did you import the project?  As a new C/C++ project of some kind, or using the "Import Existing Projects into the 
Workspace" wizard?  If the former, did you import it as the same kind of project as it was originally?

Cheers,

Christian

On 2012-02-02, at 2:12 PM, Ralph Sweitzer wrote:

> We got a graphics library a QNX engineer we're working with.  Lots of folders and files.
> 
> It previously built under the QNX development system. I imported it into my QNX project under the IDE.  In imported 
just fine. All the files and folders were there When I try to build the project the compiler doesn't find any of the 
files.  The IDE won't compile the files.  I've had this problem before where I add files to the project and the compiler
 ignores them.  What is the 'secret' to adding files, importing files to the IDE project and getting the compiler to 
pick them up.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post91308
> 

This whole thing is insane.  I've used a lot of IDEs in my career but nothing as weird as this one.
1. I made a new project and assigned it as a QNX C project with a project name under the IDE work space.
2. I assigned it as an 'application'.
3. It launched and gave me my project under the IDE workspace.
4. I got a .zip code library from the foundary27 forum calledl wfd-gpu-gma.zip.
5. Clicking on the project name I right clicked on 'Import Files'
6. It imported the compressed file, uncompressed it and I verified the folder structure was there.
7. Under the project name, I right clicked on 'Build All'.  It built real fast, no errors.
8. I was suspicious so I went into a file an induced a compile error.
9. I said Build All - NO ERRORS!!!

This is about the 4th time I've loaded files and the IDE will not compile them and yes there are common.mk files all 
through out the files I loaded.  Don't tell me to look at the QNX IDE documentation - I have!

Can some give me a step-by-step procedure that actually works?
Does this file have makefile in it? The code you got from found what was it?

On 02/09/2012 06:02 PM, Ralph Sweitzer wrote:
> This whole thing is insane.  I've used a lot of IDEs in my career but nothing as weird as this one.
> 1. I made a new project and assigned it as a QNX C project with a project name under the IDE work space.
> 2. I assigned it as an 'application'.
> 3. It launched and gave me my project under the IDE workspace.
> 4. I got a .zip code library from the foundary27 forum calledl wfd-gpu-gma.zip.
> 5. Clicking on the project name I right clicked on 'Import Files'
> 6. It imported the compressed file, uncompressed it and I verified the folder structure was there.
> 7. Under the project name, I right clicked on 'Build All'.  It built real fast, no errors.
> 8. I was suspicious so I went into a file an induced a compile error.
> 9. I said Build All - NO ERRORS!!!
> 
> This is about the 4th time I've loaded files and the IDE will not compile them and yes there are common.mk files all 
through out the files I loaded.  Don't tell me to look at the QNX IDE documentation - I have!
> 
> Can some give me a step-by-step procedure that actually works?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post91450
> 
I can get it to compile using command line make.