Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - System Builder create images for QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems or TAR files at least?: (4 Items)

System Builder create images for QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems or TAR files at least?  
Hello,

we have many customers who use x86 single board computers. They like the System Builder and use it to create their boot 
images allright, but they would also like to maintain the target's runtime filesystems there. Since on x86 boxes there 
are usually no flash devices but standard QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems, it would be a valuable feature to add. Are there any
 plany of this sort?

From our customer feedback and our own experiences we also have some other suggestions to improve the system builder, 
but it would also be helpful to get to know your roadmap for the system builder. Where can we find it?

Before posting this I also tried IDE 5.0 just to see if something new is in the system builder but it doesn't even 
recognize an IDE 4.7 system builder project as a system builder project anymore, nor will it let me create a new one 
(Next button is grayed out but no error message in dialog).

Many thanks,
Albrecht
Re: System Builder create images for QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems or TAR files at least?  
Please send a enhancement request for the first and bug for the second (if will suppose to automatically migrate the 
project). We will look at it

On 01/13/2012 05:04 PM, Albrecht Uhlmann wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> we have many customers who use x86 single board computers. They like the System Builder and use it to create their 
boot images allright, but they would also like to maintain the target's runtime filesystems there. Since on x86 boxes 
there are usually no flash devices but standard QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems, it would be a valuable feature to add. Are 
there any plany of this sort?
> 
> From our customer feedback and our own experiences we also have some other suggestions to improve the system builder, 
but it would also be helpful to get to know your roadmap for the system builder. Where can we find it?
> 
> Before posting this I also tried IDE 5.0 just to see if something new is in the system builder but it doesn't even 
recognize an IDE 4.7 system builder project as a system builder project anymore, nor will it let me create a new one 
(Next button is grayed out but no error message in dialog).
> 
> Many thanks,
> Albrecht
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post90933
> 
Re: System Builder create images for QNX4 or QNX6 filesystems or TAR files at least?  
Ok but how do I send an enhancement report and a bug report? Is there a form here on the project page or do I have to 
join the project for this? The Tracker tab is empty.

-Al
Any news to this end? I would be very happy to provide a formal enhancement report. Please send me a link.

Many thanks,
Albrecht