Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Cannot get Memory Analysis working: (3 Items)

Cannot get Memory Analysis working  
Greetings all,

Using IDE 4.7.0, gcc 4.6 toolchain and QNX 6.5 I was trying to get the Memory Analysis profiling tool working. So I set 
up a profiling configuration, included the shared libraries, recompiled all connected projects and the executable in 
question (debug version), but when starting the profiling, nothing happens.

The profiler sessions window remains empty, however the debug window shows a Memory Analysis tool running.

But nothing else happens, and I do not get any memory information at all (except for the very basic informatin given by 
the QNX Sys Info perspective and its tabs).

Thanks a lot for help,
Andy
Re: Cannot get Memory Analysis working  
Any news on this? The Memory Analysis just does not do anything, and a session view can be enabled when activating 
function call observations etc., but using solely Memory does not have any impact at all and no leak checks or whatever 
are done...

Would be really glad to get help, the QNX help pages in this subject do not help, as I followed the steps described 
there with the effects given above. Nada.

Thanks a lot for help again,
Andy
Re: Cannot get Memory Analysis working  
IDE has a cheatsheet about how to use memory analysis and an example. Can you try to run this example and follow 
cheatsheet to see if it works in basic case for you?

On 12/12/2011 02:58 AM, Andreas Beschorner wrote:
> Any news on this? The Memory Analysis just does not do anything, and a session view can be enabled when activating 
function call observations etc., but using solely Memory does not have any impact at all and no leak checks or whatever 
are done...
> 
> Would be really glad to get help, the QNX help pages in this subject do not help, as I followed the steps described 
there with the effects given above. Nada.
> 
> Thanks a lot for help again,
> Andy
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post90517
>