Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Using only Eclipse Indigo CDT without QNX Momentics for embedded project: (6 Items)

Using only Eclipse Indigo CDT without QNX Momentics for embedded project  
Hello,

My team is developing on QNX Momentics IDE 4.0.1. I know is really old. But so is our project. And to move to the newest
 QNX Momentics IDE is not right now in our priority list. I will like however to use the newest eclipse at least for 
editing my files and some basic debugging.

We are using Cygwin, we dont use C++ only C and photon. Our projects are using custom Makefiles. 

Is it possibly to use Eclipso Indigo alone to make the editing and simple debugging?

I already try to do this by creating a 
new C project -> Makefile project->Empty Project
Toolchain: --Other Toolchain --

I did not use the default location but I put as location where my project is.

I then include on the project the paths that I need
C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> (Include tab)

This kind of worked and Eclipse recognize all the include files however I am getting a LOT of "Symbol XXXX could not be 
resolved" errors.

What else do I need to do? 
I also tryied playing with the autodiscovery options but without luck...
What means these could not be resolved error?
I will appreciate any hint.

Thanks!
Mario
Re: Using only Eclipse Indigo CDT without QNX Momentics for embedded project  
New IDE is built on top of new eclipse. You don't have change anything in your projects, just download new IDE (only), 
unzip and run - it will pick up your workspace and setting for momentics 632. Backup workspace before though.
You can use IDE 4.7.1 (Eclipse 3.5/CDT6) or IDE 5.0 Beta (Eclipse 3.6/CDT7)

Download IDE from here
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/page1076
Ok! I download the eclipse version 1.7.1 for windows and I unzipped and run the qde.exe and I started importing my 
projects.

It works so far quite good, I have being able to debug and it seems to work! The only thing that I am missing from my 
projects is that I had some make targets already defined and those are not being imported correctly.

I mean I have some projects wich are libraries and the make targets were imported correctly but for a normal C Makefile 
project the targets are not being imported correctly... 

Any hint could be helpful. 

Thanks!
Mario
What is eclipse 1.7.1? Did you mean IDE 4.7.1? Because using just eclipse won't work.
Yep I mean IDE 4.7.1

I see that most of my projects are imported correctly to the IDE but some others are not. 
I think the IDE thinks that they are managed make file projects but they are not. Thats why the build make target 
configurations are not imported... but I am really not sure... Any hint where I should start looking?

Regards,
Mario
I think it would be easier to recreate these make targets...