Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - How to create an standalone executable: (2 Items)

How to create an standalone executable  
Hello,

I am running QNX 6.4.1 on a VMware target.  I have written a program that I would like to copy from my host to my VMware
 target and execute it on the VMware target.  My program works fine when I run using the IDE "run" menu using a qconn on
 the target.  However, I can not find where the IDE actually save the executable file (or what the file name) so that I 
can copy it from my host to my target.

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to created a standalone executable?

Thanks,

R.S.
Re: How to create an standalone executable  
Hi, R.S.,

What kind of project are you working with?

A managed-build project generates its output into folders named by configuration.  So, for a project "foo", you will 
find binaries like so:

Debug/foo
   Release/foo

etc.

A QNX project generates its output into folders by variant, according to the Conventions for Recursive Make Projects 
documented in the Neutrino programmer's guide.  For a project "foo", the binary is something like:

x86/o/foo

In all cases, the IDE should be presenting a virtual "Binaries" folder that collects all of the binaries in your project
 into one convenient place in the explorer.  Selecting one of these binaries, you will see the actual location of the 
binary in the status bar at the bottom left of the window.

HTH,

Christian

On 2011-06-09, at 3:32 PM, Reza Salehi wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I am running QNX 6.4.1 on a VMware target.  I have written a program that I would like to copy from my host to my 
VMware target and execute it on the VMware target.  My program works fine when I run using the IDE "run" menu using a 
qconn on the target.  However, I can not find where the IDE actually save the executable file (or what the file name) so
 that I can copy it from my host to my target.
> 
> Can someone please tell me what is the best way to created a standalone executable?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> R.S.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post86535
>