Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Which JRE for IDE 4.8?: (2 Items)

Which JRE for IDE 4.8?  
I decided to try out the latest 4.8 IDE you have posted mainly because some of the plugins I was trying to use required 
a 3.6.x base eclipse version.  In particular I was looking at the LinuxTools family of plugins.  I was interested in 
gcov support as I am using the IDE to both create QNX executables and win32 test code. (not sure any of that is 
relevant)

Anyway, I got everything up and installed and the gcov plugins didn't appear to work correctly - in particular the 
editors for the *.gcda and *.gcno files.  I started digging into the .log file (which had no relevant info in it) and 
noticed that I was running Java 1.5.0 something or other and I thought I had read something about the Linux Tools 
needing 1.6.x.  I renamed my jre subdirectory so eclipse would use my system installed 1.6.x jre and everything 
(including LinixTools) worked as expected (within my limited testing anyway).

So all of that was leading up to the question of which JRE you are planning to ship with 4.8?  I am concerned that the 
older JRE will cause things to fail silently especially for people who want to use eclipse 3.6 compatible plugins.

Rick..
RE: Which JRE for IDE 4.8?  
We have updated JRE to 1.6 recently for other requirements. We will post
new IDE 4.8 build with new JRE soon.