Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Debugger symbolic path: (2 Items)

Debugger symbolic path  
Hi,

I'm working in a team and we want to use different workspaces on different paths. For the compiler and linker I found a 
solution with environment variables. For the debugger (upload and shared libs) I don't know
How to solve it.

The libs which I need in: Edit launch configuration properties - Upload - Local path and Debugger - Shared libraries - 
Directories can be selected via Filesystem (absolute path) or Workspace. When I select workspace and confirm the lib is 
included also with an absolute path.

In the file:   .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches I found my 2 entries.
<stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.1" value="C:\QNX650\target\qnx6\ppcbe\lib\boost\
libboost_system-mt.so"/>
<stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.2" value="$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\libboost_thread-
mt.so"/>
In the workspace log file I get: !MESSAGE File '$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\libboost_thread-mt.so' doesnt exist.
When I try to debug I get an error window with: cannot find file $(QNX....)

I would need a symbolic path e.g. $(my_path) as environment variable or global variable which I can use for Upload and 
shared Libraries. Then we have to change the symbolic path only once and not with every lib.
<stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.2" value="$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\libboost_thread-
mt.so"/>
Maybe the syntax is wrong. I also tried $$(my_path) and ${my_path}, still not working.

With kind regards
            Chris

Re: Debugger symbolic path  
Unfortunately launch configurations have absolute paths, there is not work around. 

On 04/01/2011 04:16 AM, Christian Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm working in a team and we want to use different workspaces on different paths. For the compiler and linker I found 
a solution with environment variables. For the debugger (upload and shared libs) I don't know
> How to solve it.
> 
> The libs which I need in: Edit launch configuration properties - Upload - Local path and Debugger - Shared libraries -
 Directories can be selected via Filesystem (absolute path) or Workspace. When I select workspace and confirm the lib is
 included also with an absolute path.
> 
> 
> In the file:   .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches I found my 2 entries.
> <stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.1" value="C:\QNX650\target\qnx6\ppcbe\lib\boost\
libboost_system-mt.so"/>
> <stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.2" value="$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\
libboost_thread-mt.so"/>
> In the workspace log file I get: !MESSAGE File '$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\libboost_thread-mt.so' doesnt exist.
> When I try to debug I get an error window with: cannot find file $(QNX....)
> 
> I would need a symbolic path e.g. $(my_path) as environment variable or global variable which I can use for Upload and
 shared Libraries. Then we have to change the symbolic path only once and not with every lib.
> <stringAttribute key="com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.core.LIB_LOCAL_NAME.2" value="$(QNX_TARGET)\ppcbe\lib\boost\
libboost_thread-mt.so"/>
> Maybe the syntax is wrong. I also tried $$(my_path) and ${my_path}, still not working.
> 
> 
> 
> With kind regards
>             Chris
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
>