Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Indexer in 4.7.2: (7 Items)

Indexer in 4.7.2  
I found a problem with the indexer in 4.7.2.  It is related to the formatting of the contents of the .cproject file.  If
 I allow the IDE to modify project settings, the .cproject file is updated with tabs, and the indexer then works.

Please take a look at the attached files.  The _broken file is the original file that works in 4.7.1 but fails in 4.7.2.
  By fail, I mean the indexer does not resolve symbols that are not in the immediate project directory.  I looked at the
 difference between the two files (_broken and _fixed) and saw a few differences.  At first, I thought it was the 
missing 'indexing="true"' that caused the problem, but after editing the file manually to add that, the problem was 
still there.  I also tried removing 'standalone="no"', but that did not help.  And I also switched the order between 
qnxBuilder and QDEBinaryParser but that did not fix the indexer.  It only worked after I added tabs to the .cproject 
file.  I tried adding tabs just to the lines that reference "pathentry include" but that wasn't enough.  I had to add it
 to the entire file.

This problem was observed in more than one project, so I was able to run tests to determine what fixes the problem, and 
what doesn't.  My question is, why are tabs necessary in the .cproject file before the indexer will work correctly?  
This was not a problem in 4.7.1.

Rex
Attachment: Compressed file cproject.zip 2.34 KB
Re: Indexer in 4.7.2  
This is pure cdt issue, do you want to me to ask it in cdt forum? (4.7.1 
runs CDT 6.0 and 4.7.2 has CDT 7.0.1)

On 16/02/2011 5:08 PM, Rex Lam wrote:
> I found a problem with the indexer in 4.7.2.  It is related to the formatting of the contents of the .cproject file.  
If I allow the IDE to modify project settings, the .cproject file is updated with tabs, and the indexer then works.
>
> Please take a look at the attached files.  The _broken file is the original file that works in 4.7.1 but fails in 4.7.
2.  By fail, I mean the indexer does not resolve symbols that are not in the immediate project directory.  I looked at 
the difference between the two files (_broken and _fixed) and saw a few differences.  At first, I thought it was the 
missing 'indexing="true"' that caused the problem, but after editing the file manually to add that, the problem was 
still there.  I also tried removing 'standalone="no"', but that did not help.  And I also switched the order between 
qnxBuilder and QDEBinaryParser but that did not fix the indexer.  It only worked after I added tabs to the .cproject 
file.  I tried adding tabs just to the lines that reference "pathentry include" but that wasn't enough.  I had to add it
 to the entire file.
>
> This problem was observed in more than one project, so I was able to run tests to determine what fixes the problem, 
and what doesn't.  My question is, why are tabs necessary in the .cproject file before the indexer will work correctly? 
 This was not a problem in 4.7.1.
>
> Rex
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post83250
Yes, please post the question for us.  Thank you.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg21208.html

On 02/16/2011 09:30 PM, Rex Lam wrote:
> Yes, please post the question for us.  Thank you.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post83257
> 
Thank you for posting it to the cdt forums.  I found out that it wasn't related to the tabs in the margin as I had first
 assumed.  It is a problem with the indexer itself.  It does not complete the indexing when I first import container 
projects.  There are 407 items in the workspace after import.

There are a couple ways to work around this problem:
1) Select project properties for the projects that did not index correctly.  Make any change that will trigger a save to
 project files.  That will kick the indexer to complete.
2) Delete the project from the workspace and reimport the project again.

Regarding the second method, it also works, if I remove all 407 items from the workspace and reimport the containers 
again.  The indexer just doesn't complete in a new workspace.

Is there any option that will enable verbose debugging of the indexer to determine why it doesn't complete the first 
time?
I should probably clarify my request.  If this is a bug in cdt, I would like to make sure it is reported.  If it is not 
a bug, I would like to understand why there is such a requirement in the .cproject file.  I appreciate your help with 
this matter.
You have to file a support ticket if you need to us to look at this to even determine if it is a bug or not

On 02/17/2011 02:30 PM, Rex Lam wrote:
> I should probably clarify my request.  If this is a bug in cdt, I would like to make sure it is reported.  If it is 
not a bug, I would like to understand why there is such a requirement in the .cproject file.  I appreciate your help 
with this matter.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post83290
>