Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Regarding identifying memory leaks in a .so file (network driver): (2 Items)

Regarding identifying memory leaks in a .so file (network driver)  
Hi,

We have developed a network driver (devnp-rm.so) and mounted using the following command.

# mount -T io-pkt devnp-rm.so

Now we would like to identify leaks in this .so file w.r.t both dynamically as well as statically allocated memory. We 
don't a binary for io-pkt-v4-hc process and io-pkt comes as a part of OS image.

Can you suggest me if there is a mechanism to findout leaks specific to devnp-rm.so module without having an access to 
binary of io-pkt-v4-hc.
If possible, please share required steps or point to me to the relevant doc.

Thanks,
Ramakrishna
Re: Regarding identifying memory leaks in a .so file (network driver)  
You can use same memory analysis docs. If this library is loaded from this binary - the binary is you main debugging 
point. You don't have to have sources for this binary (is this what you mean by access?) and it does not even have to 
have debug symbols.

Mem analysis tool has ability to filter leaks by library/binary so you can use that.

You can check this tip
http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.ide/discussion.tip_of_the_day.topc7319

On 02/02/11 08:54 AM, Rama Krishna wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> We have developed a network driver (devnp-rm.so) and mounted using the following command.
> 
> # mount -T io-pkt devnp-rm.so
> 
> Now we would like to identify leaks in this .so file w.r.t both dynamically as well as statically allocated memory. We
 don't a binary for io-pkt-v4-hc process and io-pkt comes as a part of OS image.
> 
> Can you suggest me if there is a mechanism to findout leaks specific to devnp-rm.so module without having an access to
 binary of io-pkt-v4-hc.
> If possible, please share required steps or point to me to the relevant doc.
> 
> Thanks,
> Ramakrishna
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post82851
>