Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem to download image through TFTP: (2 Items)

Problem to download image through TFTP  
I have an image built out side of QNX Momentics IDE, and I imported it to a QNX System Builder project. But I'm having 
trouble to download it to my board (Freescale ADS512101).

I've got the tftp server running on my host (my laptop) by QNX Momentics IDE, but when I kick off the downloading using 
command "tftp 200000 my_image_name" in a serial terminal, I always get "Retry count exceeded: starting again". Does this
 mean there's some network connection issue? Or I should increase the retry count limit (I didn't find out how to change
 the retry count setting)?
Attachment: Image Snap2.jpg 42.23 KB
Re: Problem to download image through TFTP  
I can't speak for Neutrino, having never used TFTP there, but under QNX 4 tftp can only handle up to 32 megabytes, due 
to a packet counter overflow feature/problem. Furthermore, while dealing with that issue, I ran across another version 
of tftp, quite a bit older, that could only handle up to 16 megabytes; this was due to a bug in the implementation. The 
latter was an old "official" Berkeley distribution, dated 1993, that was still being used on the project. I believe that
, if you are having either of these problems, you will get the "retry count exceeded" error.

It is possible for tftp to handle files of infinite size, but both the server and the client have to agree on the packet
 counter format to do so. I personally have not encountered that situation.