Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to clean IDE metadata cache? : (6 Items)

How to clean IDE metadata cache?  
I search files but I get the result which shows files that does not in the file system. This indicates that some files 
under the .metadata/.plugin is out of sync. What shall I do the cleaning? 

Thanks
Re: How to clean IDE metadata cache?  
I don't understand the question. Where you search files and why? 

On 15/10/10 04:33 PM, Weijie Zhang wrote:
> I search files but I get the result which shows files that does not in the file system. This indicates that some files
> 
> Thanks
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post70899
> 
I have a workspace which contains some projects. Say the directory workspace/ has two subdirectories, projectA/ and 
projectB/.

I search files with a certain strain under the condition of the whole workspace. The search console shows me that I have
 a file called C under projectB/dirX/dirY/C. (and the search console even shows which which line of the file "C" has the
 string!)  However I do not have such a directory with name of "dirY" under projectB/dirX. 

In fact under projectA, there is a directory named dirY which has a file C. So I believe there must be something wrong 
with the .metadata/ (and the .plugin under it looks more like where the smoking gun hides). 

I am using 4.6 under windows xp. 

I don't understand the question. Where you search files and why? 

On 15/10/10 04:33 PM, Weijie Zhang wrote:
> I search files but I get the result which shows files that does not in the file system. This indicates that some files

> 
> Thanks
> 
What happend to the file? Did you move it?
Anyway it depends on API you using. If you do direct file access - it has nothing to do with eclipse.
If you use eclipse resources, it can be out of sync with filesystem - if this case you need to do call project.refresh(.
..)

On 15/10/10 04:48 PM, Weijie Zhang wrote:
> I have a workspace which contains some projects. Say the directory workspace/ has two subdirectories, projectA/ and 
projectB/.
> 
> I search files with a certain strain under the condition of the whole workspace. The search console shows me that I 
have a file called C under projectB/dirX/dirY/C. (and the search console even shows which which line of the file "C" has
 the string!)  However I do not have such a directory with name of "dirY" under projectB/dirX. 
> 
> In fact under projectA, there is a directory named dirY which has a file C. So I believe there must be something wrong
 with the .metadata/ (and the .plugin under it looks more like where the smoking gun hides). 
>  
> I am using 4.6 under windows xp. 
> 
> Re: How to clean IDE metadata cache?
> I don't understand the question. Where you search files and why? 
> 
> On 15/10/10 04:33 PM, Weijie Zhang wrote:
>> I search files but I get the result which shows files that does not in the file system. This indicates that some 
files
>  under the .metadata/.plugin is out of sync. What shall I do the cleaning? 
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post70904
> 
Hi Elena: 

If you delete the file directly, doing search in the IDE will pop up a problem-happened window which says it can not 
find the file. And then by project.refresh, the search works normal again. This is not my case. In fact I had tried the 
project.refresh with no effects. This problem has been in my workspace for a couple of days and I occationally attempted
 to figure out the reason. 

Minutes before, I followed a link from google which suggests to delete all contents under .metadata/.plugin/org.eclipse.
core.resources/.history/. After I did that, the search becomes normal and does not report false informatiion any more. 
This indicates that the search of IDE refers to the content there and somehow synchronization (inside the workspace and 
perhaps the outside world also, i.e. the file system) does not reach there. 

Thanks
Weijie 
Did you do refresh with level INFINITY (or whatever it is called)?

On 15/10/2010 6:15 PM, Weijie Zhang wrote:
> Hi Elena:
>
> If you delete the file directly, doing search in the IDE will pop up a problem-happened window which says it can not 
find the file. And then by project.refresh, the search works normal again. This is not my case. In fact I had tried the 
project.refresh with no effects. This problem has been in my workspace for a couple of days and I occationally attempted
 to figure out the reason.
>
> Minutes before, I followed a link from google which suggests to delete all contents under .metadata/.plugin/org.
eclipse.core.resources/.history/. After I did that, the search becomes normal and does not report false informatiion any
 more. This indicates that the search of IDE refers to the content there and somehow synchronization (inside the 
workspace and perhaps the outside world also, i.e. the file system) does not reach there.
>
> Thanks
> Weijie
>
>
>
>
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post70921
>
>