Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How I can calculate the time taken by QNX to complete the Process: (8 Items)

How I can calculate the time taken by QNX to complete the Process  
Hello,

I need to compare the time taken by QNX in completing a certain process with other available OS.

How can i calculate the time taken by QNX in completing the process.

Thanks
Gunjan
Re: How I can calculate the time taken by QNX to complete the Process  
i have similar Issue:
 I want to profile the Resource Manager & its Clients at Thread Level (Viz. I want to calculate delay time, execution 
time, latencies, etc. )
Re: How I can calculate the time taken by QNX to complete the Process  
You should instrument resmgr and its clients with function instrumentation, then run them bith in system mode (kernel 
tracing). While they running collect kernel trace and you can inspect in System Profiler or/and Application Profiler
a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of Resource  
Please see the attachment ...
To implement / Stimulate the said concept ..
1]i am developing Resource Manager for handling the resource(e.g. serial port)...As all resources cannot follow  this 
approach..
2]then create client to generate threads of only TWO priorities High and Low...
3] the problem is
a] how to cancel /stop  the  Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol   to implement this approach..

b]How to make copy of Resource (i think using multiple thread RM can handle this)..
  Please share our views/suggestions...
Attachment: Image RR.jpg 1.54 MB
RE: a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of Resource  

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Atul Kumbhar [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Envoyé : 11 octobre 2011 21:24
> À : general-ide
> Objet : a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority
> Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of
> Resource
> 
> Please see the attachment ...
> To implement / Stimulate the said concept ..
> 1]i am developing Resource Manager for handling the resource(e.g. serial
> port)...As all resources cannot follow  this approach..
> 2]then create client to generate threads of only TWO priorities High and
> Low...
> 3] the problem is
> a] how to cancel /stop  the  Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling
> Protocol   to implement this approach..

Why would you want to do that? At any rate you can turn off priority inheritance by specifying the 
_NTO_CHF_FIXED_PRIORITY flag when you call ChannelCreate().

> b]How to make copy of Resource (i think using multiple thread RM can
> handle this)..
>   Please share our views/suggestions...
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89321
Re: a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of Resource  
The way QNX resource managers operate is that it will inherit the priority of the calling thread. However, as per the 
example you have provided, if T(H) requests for the resource manager, while it is already busy processing the request 
from T(L), the resource manager does not suspend the processing currently being performed for T(L).

Instead, the microkernel will modify the resource manager priority to the priority level of T(H), allowing the 
processing for T(L) to unblock and run to completion, and become available to handle the request from T(H).

The response to T(L) is sent, but stored in the microkernel until all processing for T(H) has completed. Only at that 
time, will T(L) then receive response message.
Re: a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of Resource  
Title : "Evasion of Priority Inversion using Resource 
           			           Restitution in Real Time Systems"

Significance: 
•	This will eliminate the problem of cascading roll back (which occurs in log based systems). 

•	 Besides preventing priority inversion this approach prevents multiple-blocking and deadlock (the issues present in 
priority inheritance) as well.

Its IEEE paper was stimulated using Java for Win XP...

I want to implement this project for QNX RTOS which gives a solution for Priority Inversion Problem ... and get the 
performance results either good or bad...How it works and for which type of resources this approach  is  more feasible 
than present 
the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol for QNX ... i am attaching my project synopsis... 
plz guide me....

Attachment: Word Evasion of Priority Inversion using Resource Restitution in Real Time Systems.doc 251 KB
RE: a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make copy of Resource  
Interesting.

Mechanically, to defeat the priority inheritance in Neutrino, you need to pass the _NTO_CHF_FIXED_PRIORITY flag to the 
ChannelCreate() call.  If you are using resmgr_attach(), then instead of calling dispatch_create() to created the 
dispatch_t structure, you should first call ChannelCreate(), and then call dispatch_create_channel(), and pass in the 
channel ID returned from ChannelCreate().

David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Atul Kumbhar [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Sent: October-12-11 1:21 PM
> To: general-ide
> Subject: Re: a] how to cancel /stop the Priority Inheritance Protocol /
> or Priority Ceiling Protocol to implement this approach.. b]How to make
> copy of Resource
> 
> Title : "Evasion of Priority Inversion using Resource
>            			           Restitution in Real Time Systems"
> 
> Significance:
> •	This will eliminate the problem of cascading roll back (which
> occurs in log based systems).
> 
> •	 Besides preventing priority inversion this approach prevents
> multiple-blocking and deadlock (the issues present in priority
> inheritance) as well.
> 
> Its IEEE paper was stimulated using Java for Win XP...
> 
> I want to implement this project for QNX RTOS which gives a solution
> for Priority Inversion Problem ... and get the performance results
> either good or bad...How it works and for which type of resources this
> approach  is  more feasible than present the Priority Inheritance
> Protocol / or Priority Ceiling Protocol for QNX ... i am attaching my
> project synopsis...
> plz guide me....
> 
> 
> 
>