Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Automated Build and Test Systems: (4 Items)

Automated Build and Test Systems  
I'm trying to design an automated build and test system for our project which is using QNX 6.4.1 and QNX C++ projects 
targeting an x86 platform. 

The ideal system will:
1) Perform a clean 'get' of the source from version control.
2) Build the source which consists of several QNX C++ projects and a Photon application.
3) Gather the generated executables and shared objects and copy them to an attached target
4) Execute the unit and integration tests on the target and aggregate the results.

Problem 1: Performing a clean 'get' and building the projects
The mkbuild utility requires that an eclipse workspace already exists. Ideally I want developers to be able to add new 
projects to the source tree and have the build pick up the new projects without manual intervention.

Problem 2: Copying the binaries to the target
Is there a way to script file transfers through qconn to make this happen?

Problem 3: Running the tests on the target and capturing the output
Is there a way to script this too that will not require manual intervention when new binaries are added?

I would appreciate any responses from community members that got any kind of satisfactory automated build and test 
process working with Momentics.

Thanks,
Bryan
RE: Automated Build and Test Systems  
Problem 1: Unfortunately mkbuild does not have an option to import a project into workspace, however
CDT has its own command line builder which does have this option (I am not sure if it import qnx projects correctly, you
 have to try). Feature described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/344797/build-several-cdt-c-projects-from-
commandline

Problem 2 & 3: I have scripts that can transfer files over qconn and launch stuff on target.
They are not part of QNX SDP and I cannot post them here but I can send it to you if I have your e-mail address when I 
get back to the office (July 19th), or maybe somebody else who reads this forum can send them earlier. Send me e-mail to
 elaskavaia at qnx.com so I know your e-mail address.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri 7/9/2010 5:06 PM
To: general-ide
Subject: Automated Build and Test Systems

I'm trying to design an automated build and test system for our project which is using QNX 6.4.1 and QNX C++ projects 

The ideal system will:
2) Build the source which consists of several QNX C++ projects and a Photon application.
3) Gather the generated executables and shared objects and copy them to an attached target
4) Execute the unit and integration tests on the target and aggregate the results.

The mkbuild utility requires that an eclipse workspace already exists. Ideally I want developers to be able to add new 
projects to the source tree and have the build pick up the new projects without manual intervention.

Is there a way to script this too that will not require manual intervention when new binaries are added?

I would appreciate any responses from community members that got any kind of satisfactory automated build and test 

Thanks,
Bryan

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post59119

Attachment: Text winmail.dat 3.62 KB
Hi Elena,

It seems that to use the -import option for Eclipse you need Eclipse 3.5 and CDT 6.0 or later. I see that the IDE 4.7 
experimental project includes these two platform upgrades. 

When do you expect IDE 4.7 to be released?

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Hansen
Sr. Software Engineer
Covidien
Respiratory and Monitoring Solutions
6135 Gunbarrel Ave
Boulder, CO 80301
USA

Phone: (303) 305-2635
Fax: (303) 305-2863

***** This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this information by anyone other than the intended 
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record or this message. 

From: Elena Laskavaia [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 6:53 PM
Subject: RE: Automated Build and Test Systems

Problem 1: Unfortunately mkbuild does not have an option to import a project into workspace, however
CDT has its own command line builder which does have this option (I am not sure if it import qnx projects correctly, you
 have to try). Feature described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/344797/build-several-cdt-c-projects-from-
commandline

Problem 2 & 3: I have scripts that can transfer files over qconn and launch stuff on target.
They are not part of QNX SDP and I cannot post them here but I can send it to you if I have your e-mail address when I 
get back to the office (July 19th), or maybe somebody else who reads this forum can send them earlier. Send me e-mail to

The ideal system will:

Thanks,
Bryan

General

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post59135
It is released I think (or will be in few days) as part of QNX SDP 6.5.
You can use new IDE and target older SDP such as 6.4. If you want only ide you can download it from 
http://community.qnx.com/sf/projects/ide

Sent: Tue 7/13/2010 11:47 AM

Hi Elena,

It seems that to use the -import option for Eclipse you need Eclipse 3.5 and CDT 6.0 or later. I see that the IDE 4.7 
experimental project includes these two platform upgrades. 

When do you expect IDE 4.7 to be released?

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Hansen
Sr. Software Engineer
Covidien
Respiratory and Monitoring Solutions
6135 Gunbarrel Ave
Boulder, CO 80301
USA
�
Phone: (303) 305-2635
Fax: (303) 305-2863

***** This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this information by anyone other than the intended 
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record or this message. 

From: Elena Laskavaia [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 6:53 PM

commandline

The ideal system will:

Thanks,
Bryan

General

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post59135

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post59315

Attachment: Text winmail.dat 4.32 KB