Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Can't install IDE 4.5: (5 Items)

Can't install IDE 4.5  
Hi,evryone!
   First , I install  a IDE 4.6,but now I want to install a IDE 4.5,so I  uninstall the 
IDE 4.6 and install the IDE 4.5.as a result ,I can't install the IDE 4.5 ,there are some errors.Please give me some 
idles ,thanks!

Re: Can't install IDE 4.5  
What errors did you see when you tried to install IDE 4.5 - I assume you
meant QNX SDP 6.4.0?

-----Original Message-----
Reply-to: post49154@community.qnx.com
To: general-ide <post49154@community.qnx.com>
Subject: Can't install IDE 4.5
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:33:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,evryone!
   First , I install  a IDE 4.6,but now I want to install a IDE 4.5,so I  uninstall the 
IDE 4.6 and install the IDE 4.5.as a result ,I can't install the IDE 4.5 ,there are some errors.Please give me some 
idles ,thanks!
Thanks for your answer,you are right,I meant the  QNX SDP 6.4.0,before I uninstall the QNX SDP 6.4.1,but I can't install
 the lower version SDP 6.4.0,it has the tip:you have install the IDE,you can't install.   Looking for  your answer,
thanks!
There are steps you can do to clean up your previous 6.4.1 SDP installation:

1) If you don't have other QNX SDP version installed, you can remove a file called "vpd.properties". For Windows you can
 find it under <WINDOWS_SYSTEM_ROOT>/vpd.properties, for Linux you can find it under <ROOT_HOME_DIR>/vpd.properties

2) If you have other QNX SDP version installed and you want to keep those installation meta-data, you have to search for
 string "6.4.1" in the vpd.properties file and delete all lines with that string.

Last thing although not required, check you "QNX_HOST" and "QNX_TARGET" environment variables. If  they point to "6.4.1"
 then either change them or remove the two variables from your environment.

If the above steps do not fix your problem, please attach your installation log file to this post. You can find the log 
file under the root directory of your system drive (for Windows C:\, for Linux /)

BTW why do you need install a previous SDP?

HTH,
Andy
Thanks for your answer,because I need to use "mmedia-core-1.1.0-20083051025-win32.exe ",I can't download the higng 
version of mmedia-core,so I have to instal the lower version of IDE,so as to use the mmedia-core-1.1.0.