Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Self hosted Find and Install doesn't display: (3 Items)

Self hosted Find and Install doesn't display  
Hi All,

I'm using 6.3.2, IDE.  Help->Find and Install causes a lot of CPU usage for a while, but never displays the dialog.

If I try it again, a dialog appears saying that it is already open and that I should close it before opening it again...

Thanks
Kevin
Re: Self hosted Find and Install doesn't display  
I'm running this on a vmware installation.

After playing with it a bit, I found that if I try to get the F & I window to come up when I am in "Manage 
Configurations" (by clicking the "Scan for Updates" link.  I get a report of the problem.  Apparently it is a divide by 
zero exception.

The error message reads: "An internel error occurred during: "Update Manager", / by zero"

This is displayed in a dialg titled "Multipe Errors have Occurred".  It lists both attempts to run the update manager, 
with the error message described above in the details box.

Thanks
Kevin
Re: Self hosted Find and Install doesn't display  
> I'm running this on a vmware installation.
> 
> After playing with it a bit, I found that if I try to get the F & I window to 
> come up when I am in "Manage Configurations" (by 
clicking the "Scan for 
> Updates" link.  I get a report of the problem.  Apparently it is a divide by 
> zero exception.
> 
> The error message reads: "An internel error occurred during: "Update Manager",
>  / by zero"
> 
> This is displayed in a dialg titled "Multipe Errors have Occurred".  It lists 
> both attempts to run the update manager, with the error message described 
> above in the details box.
> 
> Thanks
> Kevin

This is a known problem related to the VM.  We are working on fixing it.  We hope to have a solution soon. 

Thanks,
Rodney