Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Debug Source Display error: (7 Items)

Debug Source Display error  
Hello

I am trying to debug an QNX C++ project. I compiled the project for debug, and for options also selected "Share all 
project properties".

I start the debug binary as "Debug as c/C++ QNX Application ..". The binary starts running on the vmWare Target, 
momentics (4.6) changes into the Debug perspective and stops on the first line in the main function. I then start 
stepping through the code and the error pops up
'Debug Source Display' has encountered a problem. Error

when I click on Details, it just says Error.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Marcel
Re: Debug Source Display error  
Hi Marcel,

Could you please attach your log file? It can be found under <workspace_directory>/.metadata/.log

Thanks,
David
Hello David

attached please find the log
The name of the project is TestTciAlgoCpp
Attachment: Text .log 29.24 KB
Here is a more recent one

Thanks 

Marcel
Attachment: Text .log 215.17 KB
Thank you for providing your log, Marcel.

From the log file I can see that there are errors coming from the Rational Rhapsody product that you are using in 
conjunction with Momentics. You would have to contact Rational to have the issue with their product resolved. Looking at
 the log though, their product is complaining that several of your projects (testGui, TCI_GUI_old etc.) are not open. 
You *may* have success running your debug with those projects open, but I can't guarantee it.

David
hmmm, those projects are not even related. I tried opening all projects now, but the error still occurs. Can I remove 
the dependencies somehow?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2009-11-27 18:09:25.250
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project 
and resource name: /qnxWorkspace)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3777)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3695)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project and resource name: /qnxWorkspace
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.newResource(Workspace.java:1634)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.getFile(Container.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInputFactory.createElement(FileEditorInputFactory.java:61)
	at com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.platformintegration.ui.editors.RhpDiagramEditorInputFactory.createElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.NavigationHistoryEditorInfo.restoreEditor(NavigationHistoryEditorInfo.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.NavigationHistory.addEntry(NavigationHistory.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.NavigationHistory.markLocation(NavigationHistory.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.markInNavigationHistory(AbstractTextEditor.java:6053)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.selectAndReveal(AbstractTextEditor.java:6017)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.selectAndReveal(AbstractTextEditor.java:5997)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.sourcelookup.SourceLookupFacility.positionEditor(SourceLookupFacility.java:317)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.sourcelookup.SourceLookupFacility.display(SourceLookupFacility.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.displaySource(DebugUITools.java:776)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.StackFrameSourceDisplayAdapter$SourceDisplayJob.
runInUIThread(StackFrameSourceDisplayAdapter.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:94)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at...
View Full Message
It all depends on what Rhapsody is trying to do and why it is trying to perform that action. You would have to contact 
Rational support for more information.

You could check the project references for your project in question to see if it is referencing other projects 
incorrectly (Right-click on project->Properties->Project References).