Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - System hanging with devi-hid on i7 smp - QNX 6.5: (3 Items)

System hanging with devi-hid on i7 smp - QNX 6.5  
Hello,
Have you experienced problems with iNTEL i7 / Q77 devi-hid driver in SMP configuration.
If we start ph utility, system hangs  at "Waiting for input driver"  displaying login windows.
If we start photon manually (actually : io-display, io-graphics, pwm, bkgdmgr , etc) all works fine until we try to 
start "devi-hid mouse". At this time the system hangs.  

If we don't start the SMP kernel, we don't have this kind of problem (ph starts without any problem) 

Any idea ? 
Re: System hanging with devi-hid on i7 smp - QNX 6.5  
Hi Philippe,

To boot with SMP kernel you have to build boot image in which io-hid and devc-con-hid both launch on the same CPU core. 
To do this you should use on -C0, for example:

on -C0 /proc/boot/io-hid -dusb /dev/io-usb/io-usb
waitfor /dev/io-hid/io-hid
on -C0 /proc/boot/devc-con-hid -n5 &
reopen /dev/con1

Let me know how it works on your configuration.

Respectfully,
Oleg

28 мая 2015 г., в 11:52:30, Philippe Elskens <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hello,
> Have you experienced problems with iNTEL i7 / Q77 devi-hid driver in SMP configuration.
> If we start ph utility, system hangs  at "Waiting for input driver"  displaying login windows.
> If we start photon manually (actually : io-display, io-graphics, pwm, bkgdmgr , etc) all works fine until we try to 
start "devi-hid mouse". At this time the system hangs.  
> 
> If we don't start the SMP kernel, we don't have this kind of problem (ph starts without any problem) 
> 
> Any idea ? 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> Photon microGUI
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post113868
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail photon-graphics-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Re: System hanging with devi-hid on i7 smp - QNX 6.5  
Hi Oleg 
On our application we are using touch screen and mouse. These devices are connected on usb. 

At boot time my system starts :
    io-hid -d ps2ser kbd:kbddev:ps2mouse:mousedev -d usb /dev/io-usb/io-usb
    and if later I start  "devi-hid mouse touch" .... the system hang 

But now if I slay the driver io-hid and restart it  (in rc.local for instance)  with the following  command:
io-hid  -d usb /dev/io-usb/io-usb

I can start "devi-hid mouse touch" and it works fine.

I'll also try your suggestion 
Thanks